Mornington Crescent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bornagain

enough of this trivial rule jousting -it's time for some serious competition - my next move is....South Kensington.

Speicher said:
Oh dear, very late with this correction, but will you allow it, or enforce the tridectant rule? bornagain was thinking of All Soul's Day, which is celebrated tomorrow.

His intention was honest, I'm sure. It hasn't affected the synergy of the game too much - I'd say let's plough on (and anyway, the cottaging thing often comes up in modern parlance. It's in the list of exceptions, after all).

bornagain said:
Ah but it's only formally been allowed since the last edition of the Littletons Rules was released to celebrate the millenium....

Again, true. But how many people have read the Littleton Rules including the addendum that came out a month later when someone pointed out that Turnham Green had been totally missed out?

bornagain

It looks like the game will end in a Square - do you think we need to start again ? but this time invoking the Harkshead alternative to liven things up a little....you know, the one that allows wet crevicing.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Following on, I say King William Street.
Did I interject too soon before your enditement?

Seven Sisters.

(Not playing the weekend advantage. I did think about it - was quite tempted actually, but statistically this is the most likely move to avoid the square that bornagain mentioned, so for the good of the game...)

Hang on BA! I was eating my egg and chips. You know as well as I do, you don't have to declare a meal break after 4.00pm! The correct form was for you to ask if all players were happy with a declaration of impending square being enforced.

Top Bottom