Most Annoyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mille

:becool: So I picked up my new Giant Dash at the weekend, then tried to ride it wearing trainers on the SPD pedals as I've not got SPD shoes yet. Didn't really work too well ;-) so set about looking for a pair of shoes on the interweb.

Would have liked to have bought so in a shop to ensure fitting, but LBS had none in my size - tried a spinning shoe and 40 seemed to fit ok.

So off I toddled to look for a shoe. Found a pair of WM40s on SJS Cycles, investigated Shimano sizing and it looks like a size up is still the way to go so the 40 would still be the choice.

Duly placed the order and they duly took my money.

Today I had an email saying they had no stock and the shoe has now been discontinued, and would l like the MT41 instead.

Am I being dim or is that a man's shoe?

Really annoyed that they saw fit to take the money for something they had no way of supplying.

And STILL can't ride my bike. :wacko:

Sorry, forgot to add, does anyone know of anywhere to buy a decent woman's shoe for not loads of money as I'm not sure I'll get on with them yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The woman's version of the MT41's are WM41's. Perhaps you may want to check that is what they meant.

OP
OP
M

Mille

Nothing comes up on their site when you search for that so I doubt it.

Women's shoes seem a little thin on the ground to be honest.

Unless you are a size 22 or something ridiculous, then Chain Reaction Cycles is the place to be. Good prices too when you don't have average sized feet :becool:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
For products where a good fit is paramount, I tend to go to my local store where you can try these things on.

Agree with Ian, CRC are usually very good.

OP
OP
M

Mille

Muddyfox said:
Mille .. if you just want something quick and (very) cheap to get you started theres a pair of Shimano shoes on the CTC Forum

I know there not female specific but they are very cheap

Simon

Are you spamming my thread? :smile: :biggrin:

Mille said:
Are you spamming my thread? :smile: :biggrin:

WTF ?

BearPear

Veteran
Don't worry Mille - the people here have well-tuned sense of humour! And an appreciation of others putting their foot in it! Hope you get the shoe thing sorted soon.

TVC

Try Decathlon for cheap no nonsense shoes. If you're in Stone Staffs then I realise it is a bit of a hike over to Notts, but there is an IKEA there as well (not that anyone here would ever shop in IKEA:shy:)

Top Bottom