Most calories burned?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

having recently dusted off the HRM and checked the figures on here i can report the following scores for last week.

Cycle to work 1050 cals x 3 = 3150
Cycle home 1400 cals x 3 = 4200

Giving a grand total alst week of 7350 calories:ohmy::smile:

Extra colories consumed 8473 ;):ohmy:!:laugh:

andy

Am counting my two runs in this week so that should be another 1500 or so for this week.

Tynan said:
6.5k in a day?

isn't the recommended intake per day something like 3k?

Yes, but if you do something like a 100 miler, you're going to need a lot of calories. I found some figures and worked out that for me to do 100 miles at 15 mph I would need 4,800 calories.

walker

Tynan said:
6.5k in a day?

isn't the recommended intake per day something like 3k?

you can eat and drink as much as is needed, I think I did this on the southern Sportive last year, I'm not a climber so it took alot out of me, and I remember losing around 6lb in weight with the fliud loss

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I suppose it all depends on your output and training goal. If you're like me, a bit of a fatster, you need to burn more than you're putting in. If you're a god(ess) with thighs chiseled from granite, you need to put in what you're burning, otherwise your performace and health will suffer.

jashburnham

I did 6500 on a London Brighton London training ride the other day and 4500 on the Dragon ride. Not sure how accurate these are but my Garmin 305 calculates based on my age, weight, HR etc so should be relatively accurate.

stevenb

Don't forget that that your burnign calories constantly whatever your doing.
So 6,500 on a ride...plus the rest used that day may have totalled approx 8-8.5 for the day.
Thats a lot.
I know Ranulph Fiennes and his colleague were consuming approx 8,000k's a day when they were sledge pulling in the Arctic.

Noodley

I am not too into this HRM mularcky (I probably will need to start looking at it since I need to start shifting some weight and improve my performances) but wore one last year for a hilly 300km ride. Calories for the ride were 12,000. Needless to say I did not consume 12,000 calories during the ride.

I usually find myself eating to excess for a few days after a long ride. (last week the day after a very hilly 300km I ate 3 x bridies, 2 x pies, chicken curry and nan, half a litre of ice cream, 2 x boost bars, roast pork and veg, and a pizza :tongue::blush:;) Hence I am cutting back on long rides for a while to try to stick with shorter faster rides and shift a bit of weight - which works for me.

Bodhbh

Guru
Had a couple of hols last month, one a weeks walking, other a weeks cycling. The walking involved 20miles a day with a pack over fairly rough terrain, the cycling was 50-60miles a day on a touring bike with perhaps 4-5miles walking thrown in. Hope not wildly out, but reckon must have been burning about 5.5-6k calories a day total in each case.

Still manage to put a couple kgs on each hols tho :ohmy:. Few beers in afternoon and at night, fried breakfast, couple of full on meals a day + snacking, soons adds up. Hols after all. Think the calorie dense cashew nuts and bags if mixed fruit for top ups did a bit too good a job on the walking.

Top Bottom