most comfy seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marko62

My backside likes my Sella Italia Flite Gel flow, it doesnt like the saddles in my garage namely a Specialized Alias and a Velo something or other that came as standard with my Focus. The Velo is like a razor blade but to be fair to the saddle it was the first saddle I had sat on for many years and my backside was as tender as a baby's bum, I moved on to the Alias and stuck with it for over 6 months but try as I might my sit bones protested every time and I never got comfy on it. Next came my current saddle the Flite and it's like sitting on a lightly padded but comfyish stool, I have found my on bike sofa.

Comparing the Specialized Alias to the Sella It's easy to see why. The Alias is designed to take the body's weight through the sit bones, its profile is flatter on top with smaller down rads and the saddle seems very stiff with little if any flex, whereas the Sella has a little more rounded profile with larger rads and also has a little flex so the sit bones don't take all the body's weight and fits the (my) backside nicely...

Again as others have pointed out saddles are a personal thing, my comfortable saddle could be another mans/ladies razor blade and vica-versa..

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I had a brooks b17n and it was fine for up to 25 miles and then anything over that and it became really uncomfortable. For the past 6 months I have been using a specialized toupe 143 and it has been a joy to sit on :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Fizik Pave - 6 years old, still in great nick, comfortable from day 1 and still in love with my bum. I think they're about £35

Top Bottom