Most Desirable Road Bike for £1k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's only been a week though, you were waiting for the money for a while

For my accident, they made me a ridiculous offer very quickly. I'll probably end up setting for about 8 times more, and rather higher if the shoulder gets considered

How is the new bike? Have you put pictures anywhere?

I'm very pleased with it. I've found the ride over alloy a lot smoother.Carbon certainly absorbs shock more than alloy. One thing i noticed yesterday,it's not as stable in strong winds as heavier alloy. I thought they might be making it up but yes you do tend to sway from side to side in strong wind. It also takes a little more effort to go downhill. It won't go down as fast as say my old 13.5kg bike. You have to pedal a fair bit more. As for pictures, no i can't post them . My daughter has done it for me in the past but she's being a bit awkward about it saying she wants paying.:rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
Jeez. I hope the little madam doesn't live with you or if she does pays the full going rate for room and board!!!

Lighter carbon bikes definitely feel more twitchy in the wind. Mine does even with my bulk aboard!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Jeez. I hope the little madam doesn't live with you or if she does pays the full going rate for room and board!!!

Lighter carbon bikes definitely feel more twitchy in the wind. Mine does even with my bulk aboard!

She's not that bad. She's been working full time since passing her A-Levels, to save up for university. We're quite proud of her. She's just got a supervisor job at the local Morrisons(she's been there for a year or so). There were two jobs going and out of around 40 who applied she got one of the jobs. She's now thinking about working her way up the Morrisons ladder rather than studying psychology at uni. It'll mean a guaranteed job with prospects versus loads of student debt with no guaranteed job at the end of it.

vickster

Legendary Member
She's still taking the p*ss asking for money to help her dad upload some photos for 5 minutes

midlife

Guru
Rule 26: Discretionary, but put your chain on the "big dog".

Nice looking bike btw.

biggreatdane.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :smile:

Shaun

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
All good answers :smile:

But if you had to buy one at £1k.......which one?

Giant Defy / Cannondale Synapse / Cube etc etc

In the past my £1k bikes have been;

Cube Peleton Race - sold after a year for £650

Dolan L'Etape - sold after a year for £675

Both great bikes which I enjoyed. Given the various bike schemes then there is often threads asking best bike etc, so hopefully this thread may help a little.

Any of those deeply discounted.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is she still in her room?

:laugh: :okay:

J1888

Über Member
I took a new Boardman Team Carbon for a test ride last week (£999) which seemed like a decent bike for the price. It's the frame you're paying for I guess, but the newer tiagra group set seemed fine.

Top Bottom