Most missed TV shows of the 21st century.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Life on Mars. I just caught the tail end of when policing was like that.
Back in the 80s my girlfriend at the time's 'best mate' was going out with a copper, we used to go drinking into the early hours with Braunstone CID and yep they were all like that and yep they all drove home.

netman

Veteran
Didn't quite make it into the 21st except as repeats, but I miss Father Ted...

giphy.gif

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've only ever seen the Bill on that list.
Used to be filmed in Merton in the next street to mine.
I used to visit a customer on the industrial estate there, was puzzled by the number of not quite convincing police-cars littered about the place.

Drago

Legendary Member
Back in the 80s my girlfriend at the time's 'best mate' was going out with a copper, we used to go drinking into the early hours with Braunstone CID and yep they were all like that and yep they all drove home.

When I joined in 1991 nearly every police station had a bar, and most detectives really did keep a bottle of scotch in their desk drawer. That didn't die out entirely until the mid to late 00's.

Aye, a lot of pith heads, and many were undoubtedly over the limit when driving home from work.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Life on Mars only, never even heard of most of them. We used to visit friends on Loch Lomond side. Often found the traffic cops in visiting for coffee and they finished off with a stiff dram before heading out. Too many drunk drivers around said one as they set off. This was late1960’s so the miscreants are long gone.

tom73

Guru
Having watched Downton 1st time it's at the moment being shown on itv3 so watch a few again. Boy it's crap like a badly written comedy show meet's the plot lines Agatha Christie had thrown out with the rubbish.

As for drinking when you not meant to my mates nan was a captain in the Salvation Army. When they called into the pubs in Liverpool selling the war cry. The landlords use to serve them spirits in a tea cup so that no-one spotted them having a quick drink on the side.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
my mates nan was a captain in the Salvation Army. When they called into the pubs in Liverpool selling the war cry. The landlords use to serve them spirits in a tea cup so that no-one spotted them having a quick drink on the side.
Is that what they call the holy spirit?

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Often found the traffic cops in visiting for coffee and they finished off with a stiff dram before heading out. Too many drunk drivers around said one as they set off. This was late1960’s so the miscreants are long gone.
That reminds me of the two coppers in Early Doors, one of my all time favourites. I would have thought that might have featured on the list. Brilliantly written and acted.

Smudge

Veteran
Couple of other shows i really liked from the noughties was 'Ideal' with Johnny Vegas and '15 Storeys High' with Sean Lock.

tom73

Guru
it's the way for most TV now lot of films are same too. A quick run for the good stuff and endless run of the crap stuff

Top Bottom