most puncture resistant tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

If I can add my years of experience to the tyre thread.
Tyres are vunerable when wet as the compound softens and picks up debris more easily.
New tyres are also vulnerable because the compound has not had time to harden and compact. Buy new tyres before you need them by at least 6months and keep them in a cool dark place so as to "mature" them. This was always the practice with tubulars.
Old tyres puncture more easily as there is not so much compound between the inner tube and that which would give a puncture.
Finally, try Vredestein Tri Comps as they, like similar tyres, have a good TPI and a woven layer to help with penetration, also they are the easiest tyre I have ever used to get on and off!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Paulus said:
Whilst on about tyres, Has anyone used or have an opinion on Schwalbe Stelvio tyres? My Gatorskins are now getting too many punctures and are need of replacement. My LBS has these Schwalbe in stock. Are they worht the price tag of £29.99. He said I could have a pair for £50.

I recently changed my Contis for Stelvios for the same reasons you mention. So far so good. They appear to be a lot thicker, tougher and heavier but only time will tell. I intend to change bacf after the gritters have finished!
I got a pair for £50 from Bikeplus.

Top Bottom