Most Silly Bike design

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With careful choice you can "force" cycling

I chose the Bionx for my wife's bike as it is "assist" a sensor reads your input and then subsidises this at a selected factor (25%, 50%, 100% and 200%) of your work.

Personally I think ts is preferable o the throttle type o which you do not have to pedal at all.

BobWales

A throttle comes into its own at lights and junctions. My daughter has an electric bike in London. She's not the most confident of cyclists and uses the throttle for confidence moving-off. It seems to take away the wobbliness. She's fit, a dancer, and rarely uses the throttle once going, switching off power and cycling under her own steam.
There's a place for e-bikes, and a place for throttles...

Night Train

Maker of Things
Given an e-bike I would like to have the option of a throttle and pedal assist to suit needs.
Sometimes you just need a little help, sometimes you just need to pull away without wobbles, sometimes you just want a little fun.

My wife and I have got mountain bikes, but she always complained about the effort in riding hers more than about 1 or 2 miles. She's not of the "no pain, no gain" school of thought!

Then she had a problem with her knee - not caused through cycling but it more or less stopped her from riding at all.

So now we also have electric bikes and she will quite happily ride a round trip of about 15 miles with no complaints or discomfort to the knee. And without getting all red in the face and short of breath.

My e-bike is designed somewhere between a hardtail MTB and a hybrid. Maybe hybrid on fatter wheels and tyres. I like it, but if I had a big pot of money going spare I would like to get a full suspension electric mountain bike for going out to play on. But would keep my existing one for commuting and shopping as the rear rack and panniers are a godsend.

Top Bottom