Motivate me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Looking for a cycling comanion to encourage me to get out during the week for a few day or half day scenic rides. Good for 35 to 60 mile runs at a decent touring pace with stops for lunch etc. Redundent 55 yr old bored with same local runs. Based Prestwich nr Manchester. Have car to throw bike in for further afield. Let me know.

Jim:smile:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Have you thought about getting involved with one of the local clubs? Loads in the Manchester area and the experts will know all the lanes.

longers

Legendary Member
Hi Jim, I work all week so am unavailable then :wacko:. Your local CTC branch could well have midweek rides - maybe.

Would this ride be any good for you? Do you like hills?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same here - working, although a weekend meet like above might be useful.... Clubs are your best bet, certainly CTC for weekdays. Also check out any sportive/audax web sites - I know of weekly wednesday runs going from Marple (nr Stockport) into the Peak District run by one of the CTC clubs.

aJohnson

Resurrecting an old thread here, but if you're still looking for a training partner mid weeks, I'm free from 2pm Mon - Wed. (As soon as the ice goes).

Top Bottom