Motivate me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
I was a bit gutted this evening - finished work, went to get my bike from the shelter and I had a chuffin p%Nt*re. Damn shame as it was a lovely evening and I was thinking of going the long way round. It was a tiny sliver of metal, looked a bit like a straightened out staple.
I thought that was hardly motivating really!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ICE...no ICE is motivating for me...even hissing rain/gales.... Come on get out..although a puncture with wet weather brake crapped wheels is a real downer....

Makes a wo(MAN) out of you....proper cyclist....

Actually I am better now but it's three months to the day since I actually touched any alcohol.Things got that bad.That stinking cold on roughly the 11th December really blew the alcohol thing as I felt ill.Had just finished an eight day stint and I was so run down.Spent five days in bed.

With alcohol I just hope next time I drink that it doesn't set me off again.Cigs were the same problem ten years ago.Then again I don't plan to drink till I go on holiday.

Remember I've been drinking for the past twenty five years.Feel better and am not struggling as much as I was.Now beginning to feel the benefits.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Whenever I feel like I can't be arsed, I treat myself to something new for the bike. Even if it's just something cheap and cheerful. I also think about the journey home from work in a car during rush hour - never fails to motivate.

Good luck Plax :smile:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Well this morning I actually cycled to the sorting office to collect a parcel. It's an additional 8 or 9 miles. Thoroughly enjoyed it (once I'd managed to get out of bed an hr early......). Did drizzle a little bit and there was a few gusts of wind but that was fine. Hopefully I will now be back on form!
Mr Plax is starting to call me Little Miss Puncture now though.............

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I was working out yesterday that out of the 35 possible cycle commuting days for me so far this year, I've only cycled 17 :tongue: It's been a combination of the long weeks of sub-zero temps & ice, plus a week off with a snapped seatpost clamp bolt.

No wonder I'm not feeling quite as fit as I was at this time last year !!

As for motivation (in all other weathers bar the ice/snow) - I actually enjoy it all except for the howling headwinds. I like getting wet, and I certainly like getting home in just over 1/2hr when the bus is currently taking around 1hr 10 minutes :wacko:

Plax - now that the worst of the late winter weather is (hopefully) gone and the mornings and evenings are no longer dark, I'm sure the desire to get out and ride will come back.

Well as lee pointed out in not so many words,I haven't really got a lot of choice as I don't particularly like public transport so that's a no no.I need the exercise as well.One of my work colleagues gave up the commute but had to start again as he was putting on too much weight.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was about to motivate you by saying I've nearly overtaken you on Cyclelogs .. but if you did 8 miles then you will be infront:sad:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
summerdays said:
I was about to motivate you by saying I've nearly overtaken you on Cyclelogs .. but if you did 8 miles then you will be infront:sad:

Ah, ha I have pulled away from you on cyclogs! Did a little over 16 miles today :wacko:.

Not cycling in tomorrow unfortunately as I need the car for an appointment, but Friday I shall aim to be out pedalling.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Then I have no chance of catching you up I suspect - you are safe for now .. but become complacent and I might just manage it. Is that enough motivation?:biggrin:

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
summerdays said:
Then I have no chance of catching you up I suspect - you are safe for now .. but become complacent and I might just manage it. Is that enough motivation?:smile:

That should get me moving :wahhey:

Top Bottom