Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnMc

Regular
+1 bathroom scales

theloafer

Legendary Member
was thinking this the other day ...my last good ride was the darlo hell`o the north sept 2nd... then just cycling to work and back 15 miles a week i seem to have lost total interest ...went out the other sunday with the club but after 24 miles turned off and headed back home ...:sad: was to be up at woller at the bike right w/end just cant be @rsed

defy-one

Did just 16 miles tonight to go see dad and sort some investment stuff out. First thought was take defy-one.
Second thought was take the car ...... 3rd thought was take the new hybrid ..... Loved the slow ride :-)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I suggest that you become seriously ill due to a lack of exercise and a generally silly lifestyle. Assuming that you survive that and the tedium of being virtually housebound for months then I think you will feel pretty motivated to stop it happening again by getting out on your bike more often! ***

*** It's working for me! :thumbsup:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Most people go through motivation dips - Certainly know I do. I find it helps if I am training for something. A long ride, a Time Trial, riding with faster people.

There are several sites that help regarding mileage and challenges - such as mycyclinglog. Anyone know if there is anything for turbo sessions/time/miles?

Ha ha, i catch postmen for fun now. Sometimes on the bike :tongue:

Have you seen how fast the young 'uns cycle once they ditch the works bike and get on their own.
The local sorting office is near to my works, some are on virtual bungey cords!

Maybe i should add a front and rear rack + 20kgs of mail to my already heavy (13.6kg) training bike? :training:

RWright

Guru
Most people go through motivation dips - Certainly know I do. I find it helps if I am training for something. A long ride, a Time Trial, riding with faster people.

There are several sites that help regarding mileage and challenges - such as mycyclinglog. Anyone know if there is anything for turbo sessions/time/miles?

I forget where I was reading about it but I think there is some sort of online game that you can somehow hook up a trainer and computer and race other people online with it. I don't remember what it is called or how much it cost or much more about it. I just rememeber I thought it sounded like a clever idea.

JohnMc

Regular
There are videos you can try to help structure and motivate yourself during turbo sessions.
I have a Sufferfest video that I use. It's knackering, but effective.

Norry1

Legendary Member
There are videos you can try to help structure and motivate yourself during turbo sessions.
I have a Sufferfest video that I use. It's knackering, but effective.

I have 4 Sufferfest Vids and they are very good for making you train harder on your Turbo than you otherwise might. The hardest part is getting motivated to get on the Turbo in the first place.

Top Bottom