Motivation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Hi guys

So school summer holidays and I work in a school.... Nearly at end of 3rd week off work and still haven't been out on the bike, I think I need motivating....I'm determined to get up tomorrow morning at 6am and hit around 20 miles in.

vickster

Legendary Member
The nice weather and lack of traffic are really good motivators :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
I doubt you will do it, I suggest that you get up at 9am and go out for 15 minutes. That may just about happen.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hi guys

So school summer holidays and I work in a school.... Nearly at end of 3rd week off work and still haven't been out on the bike, I think I need motivating....I'm determined to get up tomorrow morning at 6am and hit around 20 miles in.

I'm not on holiday I'm at work, but I've still covered 126 miles this week, what are you messing about at? Get out there and get those wheels turning. ^_^

Dave 123

Legendary Member
"one day you'll be dead, then you won't do it..." is a line I used to Mrs Dave last Saturday in Grafham cycles. It cost me £1,000....

I'll say the same thing to you! (won't cost me a penny!)

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you up yet?
He should be back by now

Hi guys

motivation - some staff are at their busiest right now in schools. (It was always the busiest time for me running the IT network...) Get out there and enjoy this afternoon's thunderstorm...:rain:

Otherwise, look at it this way, you only have 3 weeks left :hyper:

:laugh:

uclown2002

Guru
motivationpost.png

Might need to change the signature in profile!

Sods_Laur

motivation - some staff are at their busiest right now in schools. (It was always the busiest time for me running the IT network...)
:rain::hyper::laugh:
Tell me about it. Back in work this week, my first break will be October half term. I do all the exam results analysis.... everyone comes back full of energy in September and i'm already knackered.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Try setting off for a very short, slow ride, 2 or 3 miles. My guess is that you'll extend it.

Just say to yerself, I'm going out for a ten minute leg stretcher/ poodle/ recovery ride.
Chances are you'll end up doing 20-30 miles at a decent pace! :ohmy:

G3CWI

Veteran
Might need to change the signature in profile!

It also says "active member"... Inactive it seems.

Three more weeks and it will be back to a tedious inset followed by more ridiculous and unobtainable targets. Get the cycling in while you can - you've earned it.

EDIT...says you work in a school. If you are not a teacher, the above wont apply. Maybe you're the janitor or Headteacher - both of whom have mysterious jobs (and plenty of time for cycling).

Last edited:
Top Bottom