Motorbike and scooter owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My Shoei helmet came with something like that. Don't know if it's an actual "pinlock" brand or their own, but it is excellent. Only once caused trouble trying to ride in snow when somehow it misted up inside. That's one journey in 35000 miles of use, including one or two others in snow/ sleet (best avoided obviously)

Anyhow the fixing broke so I just banged in a pop rivet. This might be workable if you retrofit to a helmet visor lacking the dual layer.

I take it you are already aware of the "smear with fairy liquid and wipe clear trick" to avoid misting if you visor is single layer

Thanks. I bought a generic anti fog sticker from Amzaon for £12, it worked a treat. Stepson wore it upstairs and came down puffing, all around the sticker was totally fogged up but the main field of view was clear

Gunk

Guru
My Shoei helmet came with something like that. Don't know if it's an actual "pinlock" brand or their own, but it is excellent. Only once caused trouble trying to ride in snow when somehow it misted up inside. That's one journey in 35000 miles of use, including one or two others in snow/ sleet (best avoided obviously)

Anyhow the fixing broke so I just banged in a pop rivet. This might be workable if you retrofit to a helmet visor lacking the dual layer.

I take it you are already aware of the "smear with fairy liquid and wipe clear trick" to avoid misting if you visor is single layer

A proper fitting pinlock insert is something I wouldn’t ride without, they’re brilliant

Gunk

Guru
Great ride out this morning, perfect weather.

IMG_2077.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2080.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2084.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
A mixture of poor weather and far too much going on has meant that my bike has been tucked under a cover in the garage for the last 6 weeks. Today it was milder and dryer, so I checked the tyre pressures and got out for a lovely 80 mile ride in to the Cotswolds.

So glad I made the effort.

IMG_2364.jpeg

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Bought this recently, not had it running yet as no spark. 1950's (I think) Excelsior Consort, 100cc 2 speed.

Attachments

• excelsior consort.jpg
    excelsior consort.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 9

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Here it is, my VTR250.

PXL_20240411_175258117.jpg

PXL_20240411_175223851.jpg

PXL_20240411_175204751.jpg

PXL_20240411_175011874.MP.jpg

PXL_20240411_174941636.jpg

PXL_20240411_174901185.jpg

No tacho like the Monster. I understand that Honda called in the guy who designed it to design this.
Same V twin that Honda has been using for yonks.
All standard apart from the reach adjustable levers( for small Japanese hands) and mirrors. Just 17800km on the clock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom