Motorcyclists in Cycle Lanes?? *Warning some Ranting*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
I think the cycle lane on this part of the road has been suspended so the motorcyclist would not be doing anything wrong riding where the cycle lane was

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Happens in Manchester too, motorbikes using cycle lanes. They know they shouldn't but do. The odd one I've caught up doing this, I come flying up behind them and sit right on them till they realise they shouldn't be there and pull into the traffic, then I fly past.
If they are coming up behind me, I 'accidentally' slow down and wobble all over the cycle lane. Being on an MTB with fat 2.1 knobbly tyres, I can go really really slow, much slower than a motorbike. Don't care if it annoys 'em. Should read the Highway Code.

martint235

Dog on a bike
There's no excuse for any road user acting like an a*** but I must admit I have a lot of sympathy for road users in that neck of the woods, even taxi drivers. They've endured months of jams with the net result of a piece of cycling infrastructure that is, to be perfectly honest, sh**e. What was the point?

From a personal point of view, I get on quite well with motorcyclists. I cycle down the middle of the line of the South Circular but always keep a look out for motorbikes. If I see one behind, I pull back into one of the lanes of traffic to let them past. Usually gets a smile and a wave. Occasionally I'll come up behind one who isn't confident of getting through a gap and I politely ask them to get out of the way.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't really have an issue with them being in ASL box, as long as the are courteous. Mbikes blocking the route to the ASL, because they are too fat to get through the gap, sometimes annoys me, but a tap on their back wheel normally sees them move aside so I can slip thru.

Ganymede

Veteran
Sorry you had to deal with this awful bloke. He is obviously an inadequate twunt if he had to resort to abusing your gender to support his inaccurate point about his rubbishy roadcraft.

Your consolation is that you probably have a happier life than him. I know from experience that it can be hard to let go of a situation when you've been shouted at in a horrible way, but if you can put him in a big pink bubble and blow it away into the ether you will feel better in the end.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Sorry you had to deal with this awful bloke. He is obviously an inadequate twunt if he had to resort to abusing your gender to support his inaccurate point about his rubbishy roadcraft.

Your consolation is that you probably have a happier life than him. I know from experience that it can be hard to let go of a situation when you've been shouted at in a horrible way, but if you can put him in a big pink bubble and blow it away into the ether you will feel better in the end.

Or just imagine him bing humped by a pink fluffy unicorn.......

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am a motorcyclist but we are not all dicks like this fella.

The mistake you made was catching him up at the lights. I think you must have known his demeanor would not have changed.

sidevalve

Über Member
It's the modern disease and ars- - - les roam the entire world on horses cycles m/cycles cars and trucks [and on foot too]. Arguing is a waste of time but just one point do make 100% sure of your facts if you do decide to have a go - many lanes are 'shared' and timed, it's easy to be wrong. Either way it's best to just ignore the twonk.

Top Bottom