Motorist Found Guilty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
To get run over?
No, it's to help keep the motorists honest. I use a GoPro on every work commute for the same reason. Given how unobservant motorists here are, I don't think for a second that they'll actually notice my GoPro, or that it would keep me from being run over (and your comment was pretty offensive, by the way). I just know that it might help me in a court of law one day. If you don't believe in using video cameras whilst cycling, that's your prerogative, but please don't belittle those who do choose to use them.

400bhp

Guru
No, it's to help keep the motorists honest. I use a GoPro on every work commute for the same reason. Given how unobservant motorists here are, I don't think for a second that they'll actually notice my GoPro, or that it would keep me from being run over (and your comment was pretty offensive, by the way). I just know that it might help me in a court of law one day. If you don't believe in using video cameras whilst cycling, that's your prerogative, but please don't belittle those who do choose to use them.
You do realise the op got a result
Without a camera...

400bhp

Guru
Not everyone does. Especially when it comes to insurance settlements.

Clearly not, but the post was the fox head was pretty pointless in a thread where the OP had got a result without a camera.

Especially what with insurance settlements? That you are more likely to get a better result with a camera? Not sure about that but if you have any facts to substantiate that please provide them.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Clearly not, but the post was the fox head was pretty pointless in a thread where the OP had got a result without a camera.

Especially what with insurance settlements? That you are more likely to get a better result with a camera? Not sure about that but if you have any facts to substantiate that please provide them.

What I am saying is that we've had (MANY) discussions on here before where riders have been denied court justice as the Police dont think there is evidence.. we've seen many discussions on here from riders who feel they've had great difficulty in dealing with a drivers insurance.

I'm not saying get a camera, I'm just saying its another tool. It worked for me, it worked for Gaz & Mikey (not sure if they're still members here, both have videos demonstrating this on their youtubes).

(edited as I've gotten 2 threads mixed up, thought Whoosh had witnesses)

benb

Evidence based cyclist

Typical crass puerile "contribution" from @400bhp I'm afraid.
He seems to have a rather odd agenda against cameras.

Top Bottom