Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Is Rossi now the only rider left who has competed on two strokes?

D

Deleted member 26715

Is Rossi now the only rider left who has competed on two strokes?
Interesting question & I suspect you are correct But!
The end of two-strokes in GP racing as the 125 class is the last to give them up to be replaced by Moto3 four-strokes. Nicolas Tirol takes the title.
So you'd have to look at all the riders & see if anybody was riding before 2010 potentially Call Crutchlow & maybe Jorge Lorenzo

D

Deleted member 1258

Oh, so yet *more* hokey cokey in the results, huh? :crazy:

Yes, he was being a bit ambitious, and the Ferrari debrief could have been entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 26715

Yes, he wad being a bit ambitious
Yes but I wouldn't have said 100%, to me it was more 70/30, the young lad has to learn he can't offer gaps like that, but I was almost in tears for him though, he's building nicely, but whether he has his leaders raw talent is another matter, I do hope he has. As to the other silver car, why is he still there, he's a very talented driver, but he's a Jenson, if everything is not 100% he goes off the boil, they have missed a trick not putting Ocon in there & giving Hamilton some competition to force him to raise his game even further.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes but I wouldn't have said 100%, to me it was more 70/30, the young lad has to learn he can't offer gaps like that, but I was almost in tears for him though, he's building nicely, but whether he has his leaders raw talent is another matter, I do hope he has. As to the other silver car, why is he still there, he's a very talented driver, but he's a Jenson, if everything is not 100% he goes off the boil, they have missed a trick not putting Ocon in there & giving Hamilton some competition to force him to raise his game even further.

He should have been paying more attention to his mirrors, and Hamilton should have been a bit more cautious. I rate Botas but he seems a bit too nice, I rate Ocon as well, but I suspect he would have seriously ruffled Hamilton's feathers had he been his team mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

icowden

Veteran
I thought Hamilton was very magnanimous in taking the blame. I wonder if internally he was thinking "I should have been more cautious around a rookie"?
Mind you isn't it "lucky" that Vettel taking out LeClerc was judged to be a racing incident so he didn't get any more points on his license...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Yes but I wouldn't have said 100%, to me it was more 70/30, the young lad has to learn he can't offer gaps like that, but I was almost in tears for him though, he's building nicely, but whether he has his leaders raw talent is another matter, I do hope he has.

IMHO Alex's racecraft and maturity is way better than Max's at this stage in his career. It's all well and good having raw talent and outright speed, but you need the head to go along with it. And that will always be Max's downfall.

As to the other silver car, why is he still there, he's a very talented driver, but he's a Jenson, if everything is not 100% he goes off the boil, they have missed a trick not putting Ocon in there & giving Hamilton some competition to force him to raise his game even further.

I'm not so sure. I think this is more a reflection of how much *better* Lewis is than everyone else. Doesn't matter who you put in the second car, they're all going to look ordinary no matter who they are. Look at rallying for instance - Sebastian Loeb and Sebastian Ogier. They are both in a completely different galaxy to the other competitors, and you can't say that guys like Latvala, Mikkelsen, Neuville and Tanak etc are shabby...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I thought Hamilton was very magnanimous in taking the blame. I wonder if internally he was thinking "I should have been more cautious around a rookie"?
Mind you isn't it "lucky" that Vettel taking out LeClerc was judged to be a racing incident so he didn't get any more points on his license...

Actually, having seen it, I think Lewis was right to hold his hands up. He doesn't often make mistakes, but he did there. Came from too far back into a gap that was closing.

Will agree that Seb is something of a lucky boy, but Charles isn't entirely innocent there either. I can see why the stewards made the decision they did. The fact that both of them were out on the spot probably had a lot to do with it as well - if one of them had continued, then yeah, penalties probably would have been applied.

The bit that got up my dander is why the stewards took so long to apply the penalty to Lewis, denying Carlos Sainz his chance up on the podium. (That's brill from McLaren btw, first podium since 2012!) They were pretty quick to penalise Kvyat in Austin the other week...

Top Bottom