Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of course I don't know him. He came from the slums.
That actually made me laugh...but i still think he is a great champion.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The media are going nuts. They've missed the minor, but crucial, point that Hamilton won't become world champion until he gets to the end of the season, and he has to do so without being disqualified from the championship. Unlikely to be an issue, but Schumacher managed such a disqualification in 1997 :laugh:

Either way, he has no class. He's a surly sulker, a tax avoider, who seems incapable of opening his mouth without putting his foot in it.
Remiends me of someone on here.:laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well earned too as he's had a great career. I've only just got back into following Moto GP since getting the full BT Sports package last month, not having seen any since the BBC lost the viewing rights. I was astonished to see that Rossi is still riding, he is no longer the rider he was and must really love the sport to keep plugging away. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that Cal Crutchlow has some wins under his belt, he seemed to be the type of rider who threw victories away through a combination of bad luck and unforced errors in his earlier years. I honestly thought he would not be around the top class for long and I am pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong.

D

Deleted member 1258

Well earned too as he's had a great career. I've only just got back into following Moto GP since getting the full BT Sports package last month, not having seen any since the BBC lost the viewing rights. I was astonished to see that Rossi is still riding, he is no longer the rider he was and must really love the sport to keep plugging away. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that Cal Crutchlow has some wins under his belt, he seemed to be the type of rider who threw victories away through a combination of bad luck and unforced errors in his earlier years. I honestly thought he would not be around the top class for long and I am pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong.

Yes he's had a great career, but he struggled at Ducati and it took a long time to get it sorted, likewise this season at Honda, he's struggled to adapt to the bike, no confidence in the front end being part of the problem, I think this seasons injuries finally made his mind up. I agree about Rossl, he's a long way past his best and someone should have a word and suggest to him its time to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
The way I see it, Lorenzo is yet another victim of Honda pandering to their Chosen One.

Never been a fan of Jorge, but I think he's been really hard done by, and chapeau to him for telling Honda where to stick it.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm not convinced of that, I just think the bar has gone up, But the thought of MotoGP without Rossi is just wrong :laugh: I've been watching him for 25 years.

Even the greatest champions reach the point where its time to bring the curtain down on their career and Rossi, great though he was, is past that point.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm not convinced of that, I just think the bar has gone up, But the thought of MotoGP without Rossi is just wrong :laugh: I've been watching him for 25 years.
Same here, I always followed Alex Creville when he played second fiddle to Mick Doohan and after Alex retired I had to choose someone else and there was Valentino who I'd followed through 125's and 250's'

Last 500 world champion and 1st 'Moto GP' champion, I hope he's got one last title left in him to really finish his career as the GOAT :becool:

Top Bottom