Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I really do hope you are wrong, I don't think CS Snr would have allowed a move for his boy to be a 2nd

Somehow I don't think so. Case of history repeating, really.

As above I don't think there will be a seat to have, they will blame Covid & pull out, possibly along with Williams, I do hope I'm wrong, but either way I can't see Vettel on the grid, not in F1 that is, the question is has he had a call from Doodleland.

I can't see Seb racing in Formula E - he just hasn't got the nous for racing in a pack. He's only good when he's out in front in the best car. Anything else, and he's, well, bellow average.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I originally thought that Vettel might go to Maclaren and build a team round him, but now Ricciardo has that seat I think Vettel might retire or go into another formula.

Vettel wouldn't be a good fit for Mclaren - they need team players right now, not a spoiled toddler who throws the toys out of the pram at every opportunity...

D

Deleted member 26715

Vettel wouldn't be a good fit for Mclaren - they need team players right now, not a spoiled toddler who throws the toys out of the pram at every opportunity...
Agreed he would be as good as taking Fernando back

D

Deleted member 26715

My hero of qualifying was George Russell, if he could have found another 1/4 second he would have been in Q3 in front of both Ferrari's, that is amazing for the car. Makes me think he's as good as Lando, Le Clerc, Albon if only the car was better.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru

Oh dear indeed... :laugh:

Slow burn of a race, but that last lap was absolutely *EPIC* :girldance:

D

Deleted member 26715

Oh dear indeed... :laugh:

Slow burn of a race, but that last lap was absolutely *EPIC* :girldance:
Great to see Lewis dominant again, but I still wish the others could catch up it's so much better racing, poor Danny almost got the places back, Checko, head in his hands, Lando is becoming a star, George sort of spoilt the weekend after yesterday, think he was just trying too hard. I hate fan boost on the scalextric version, but would have loved to have been able to dish some out today

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Trouble with fan boost is it's always the same drivers who get it. :cry:

That's why I don't like it either, even if it is, in theory, a good idea.

Love the way that Lando's had the better of Lole Jr for the second weekend in a row. Sort of reinforces the thought that Ferrari were wanting an obedient and not quite so fast #2 driver.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hamilton’s a lucky lad. wins on three tyres.
Bottas also had a puncture but lost loads of places.
Verstappen would have won if he hadn’t pitted to go for fastest lap.
Both Merc cars punctured in the closing laps which suggests a tyre management issue.

D

Deleted member 26715

Hamilton’s a lucky lad. wins on three tyres.
Bottas also had a puncture but lost loads of places.
Verstappen would have won if he hadn’t pitted to go for fastest lap.
Both Merc cars punctured in the closing laps which suggests a tyre management issue.
Nice for anybody who hasn't seen it

Top Bottom