Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
How many other drivers start 10 places behind their team mate, and overtake them within about 5 laps? There are simply very few drivers in history that could do that.

classic33

Leg End Member
Outstanding. Effectively overcame a 25 place penalty to win by a distance. One for the memoirs.
Others have had similar penalties for changing engines. He knew before qualifying started the five place penalty would be given
Hamilton to see the stewards in five minutes

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Others have had similar penalties for changing engines. He knew before qualifying started the five place penalty would be given
He took his seat belt off.
He could be in trouble. Hope he just gets a 5 second penalty.
It would be terrible if anything else happened

figbat

Slippery scientist
However, Hamilton is currently under investigation after being summoned to the stewards for an alleged breach of safety belt rules.
I noticed he loosened his belts on the return lap to get higher out of the cockpit to acknowledge the crowd.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’ve now watched the push out wide incident loads of times on YouTube. No video I have seen has any footage of Verstapens onboard steering wheel. Would the FIA be deliberately blocking the release of this?
All commentators seem to be in agreement that it was a deliberate act which sets a very dangerous precedent for future races.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I’ve now watched the push out wide incident loads of times on YouTube. No video I have seen has any footage of Verstapens onboard steering wheel. Would the FIA be deliberately blocking the release of this?
All commentators seem to be in agreement that it was a deliberate act which sets a very dangerous precedent for future races.
Without a scintilla of doubt.

Precedent schmecedent - FIA does what it likes tbh.

FishFright

More wheels than sense

It has been going on since they put tarmac on the outsides of corners and all the drivers will do it to protect a place. It's only news when it's the top 2 or 3 drivers doing it.

Top Bottom