Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Watched it live yesterday and was one of the best races i've seen.
Just watched the highlights on C4 and I have never noticed it before until someone mentioned it on here but David Coulthard does seem a bit biased towards Red Bull.
With all their technology why aren't the communications better?Surely the race director should have told both teams simultaneously about slowing down and swapping positions?
If Verstappen decides to take out Hamilton on purpose could this lead to a black flag or could it be just a disqualification for the first race next season?Black flags do not seem that common.

Horner is sounding really pathetic this year - I have lost loads of respect for him

Is Max takes Lewis out next week and ends up winning - Then I am fully expecting him to come up with a load of cynical stuff about "the championship is won over a season not the last race"
And if Lewis wins - and especially if Max has gone off and looses loads of point - then he will be moaning about how mean and crule they are to bully poor little Max

like a lot of self centred people if they moan about someone doing something bad - they are probably at least trying to do it themselves
My BIL was saying that on Saturday . I used to listen to what CH used to say but not any more . I think he is drinking too much of the product they are advertising .
I read a bit about him saying that there is far too much regulation this year and that people should just be allowed to race . I think it was he who complained about LH rear wing in Brazil and is still fuming about it . There should be track limits and they shouldn't be exploited in a way to either gain or maintain a place .

Alex321

Veteran
Just watched the highlights on C4 and I have never noticed it before until someone mentioned it on here but David Coulthard does seem a bit biased towards Red Bull.
With all their technology why aren't the communications better?Surely the race director should have told both teams simultaneously about slowing down and swapping positions?
If Verstappen decides to take out Hamilton on purpose could this lead to a black flag or could it be just a disqualification for the first race next season?Black flags do not seem that common.
It isn't the race director who says they have to give the place back. It is the stewards who decide to penalise somebody if they think the driver should have given it back but didn't.

It is the drivers and/or their teams who make the decision whether to do so, based on whether they think it likely they will be penalised if they don't.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I think it's funny how people notice DC's bias towards Red Bull but seem not to notice Sky Sports have their faces buried deep in Hamilton's sphincter. Hamilton and Verstappen are both dicks - when was the last likeable world champion?

Penalties should be what they are meant to be . Verstappen's 10 second penalty yesterday served no purpose at all ! He still finished in second place . A few races back he was given a penalty of starting at the back of the grid and so had a new engine fitted which negated that penalty . It should have been carried over to the next race .

carpiste

Guru
I think it's funny how people notice DC's bias towards Red Bull but seem not to notice Sky Sports have their faces buried deep in Hamilton's sphincter. Hamilton and Verstappen are both dicks - when was the last likeable world champion?
I think Sky go down the route that Hamilton is English. Like the English footy team or rugby team or any English team. We would expect them to support "our" guys. Nigel Mansell and of course James Hunt were both pretty likeable. And if I`m honest I quite like Hamilton.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Penalties should be what they are meant to be . Verstappen's 10 second penalty yesterday served no purpose at all ! He still finished in second place . A few races back he was given a penalty of starting at the back of the grid and so had a new engine fitted which negated that penalty . It should have been carried over to the next race .
It doesn’t work like that.
Hamilton got 10 seconds at silverstone and still won.
Verstappen couldn’t do the fastest lap because of the time penalty so it was a sort of punishment.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I think Sky go down the route that Hamilton is English. Like the English footy team or rugby team or any English team. We would expect them to support "our" guys. Nigel Mansell and of course James Hunt were both pretty likeable. And if I`m honest I quite like Hamilton.

Mansell? Likeable? :stop:

His own team manager at Williams still calls him "a horrible little man" :whistle:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I think these guys are "likeable" because the TV guys give them the soft soap treatment then hype them up.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I`m thinking of the public persona rather than his attitude within the team ( behind scenes)

Hmmm, even his public persona was that of a moaning whingebag. :tongue: Although I will say, that by the time I encountered him around the circuits, he was trying to grease his sons through the junior formulae. I kept my distance (Mansellmania was something that passed me by), but some of my colleagues on the fenceline were less than enamoured.

It's funny really - when people who don't know me very well (happens often in the cat fancy when you steward for whoever needs a steward) find out I'm a massive motorsport geekette, they always make the assumption that "oh, you must've been a fan of Our Nige."

Confuses the hell out of them when you say no. :laugh:

FishFright

More wheels than sense

Really ? I thought it was a huge embarrassment to motorsport, thanks partly to Masi's patent Random Rules Generator.

The last race will be chaos unless one of the protagonists goes out early due to mechanical failure . I can see the results being decided in court like in the Balestre era.

Top Bottom