Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Interesting interview with Horner on Friday R5 (IIRC): he was saying both teams/drivers are using everything they can, including saying Mercedes were no longer sending a guy out to hold the fuel hoses out of the way when a neighbour's car was exiting. :O
Refuelling hasn't been allowed for a few years.

icowden

Veteran
If you want to consistently apply " the spirit" then it seems harsh to punish Max after he gave the place back towards the end of the race (un-requested). But it was all a big mess, so we could nit-pick forever :P

He was punished for bad driving, and for deliberately braking so that Hamilton went into the back of him. He had been ordered to let Hamilton past, Hamilton hadn't got the message yet, but even so, whacking his brakes on was a deliberate and dangerous move. He did that because he was told by RB to let Hamilton past "strategically" - i.e. in a position where he could use DRS to retake the lead - so the team yet again going against the spirit of what he they had been told to do by the stewards, especially as he knew he wouldn't otherwise have the pace to overtake. He gave the place back as an attempt to avoid further punishment rather than out of the goodness of his heart.

Of course, the problem is now that he can do a Schumacher in the final race and walk away with the WDC...

Horner is sounding really pathetic this year - I have lost loads of respect for him

Is Max takes Lewis out next week and ends up winning - Then I am fully expecting him to come up with a load of cynical stuff about "the championship is won over a season not the last race"
And if Lewis wins - and especially if Max has gone off and looses loads of point - then he will be moaning about how mean and crule they are to bully poor little Max

like a lot of self centred people if they moan about someone doing something bad - they are probably at least trying to do it themselves

13 rider

Guru
Let's hope the championship is settled with fair race and dosnt end up with both cars off at turn one aka Senna ,Prost gifting the championship to Max curtisty of more wins .
In my opinion it's been Hamilton avoiding Max in all the close calls over the last few races as he's the one behind and both not finishing favours Max . I do think it's got ugly and political this year so let's have a epic fair race to decided it

Let's hope the championship is settled with fair race and dosnt end up with both cars off at turn one aka Senna ,Prost gifting the championship to Max curtisty of more wins .
In my opinion it's been Hamilton avoiding Max in all the close calls over the last few races as he's the one behind and both not finishing favours Max . I do think it's got ugly and political this year so let's have a epic fair race to decided it
Lewis commented on that yesterday - said something like "I don't mind that it is always me avoiding collisions" - can't remember that exact phrasing but it was maybe a bit more subtle.
Point is that a faar race can;t happen if both drivers don't race fair
and by that I mean - making every attempt to keep the car inside the white lines - which Max seems to think are optional - as he specifically said yesterday

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
He is a boy who will not learn.

Maybe more like he doesn't want to, because it gives him an advantage.

I have to admit I'm rather enjoying the needle. It's been a long time since we've had that in F1, and having grown up watching Prost v Piquet, Prost v Arnoux, Senna v Prost, Mansell v Piquet, Prost v Mansell, I've kind of rather missed that.

F1 needs its characters - both good and bad, and too many of the drivers coming into the sport are stamped from the same corporate mould.

But even I'll admit that yesterday's show had me half expecting Widow Twankey wearing colanders for boobs appearing out from behind the hoardings in the paddock and shouting "he's behind you!"

Top Bottom