Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Or a "shooting themselves in the head" smiley...

At £3.99 it wasn't such a good buy. At £10.99 they can whistle for my money.
Heads in the clouds, or more likely some other form of anatomy, that really is a Forest Gump, Stupid is as stupid does moment whoever came up with that idea

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Heads in the clouds, or more likely some other form of anatomy, that really is a Forest Gump, Stupid is as stupid does moment whoever came up with that idea

Exactly.

A decline in sales and rising costs due to the increasing reliance on digital media is true of all printed media. However, the team should also be looking at the kind of magazine they're putting out - other motoring / motorsport publications still seem to be doing reasonably well considering. If it's not something that people actually want to read, they're going to struggle no matter what the cover price is...

I've recently been going through some Autosports from '86 and '87 that I "rescued" from a car boot sale, and they're a totally different animal to the most recent copy I bought in August....

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A little bit of the story behind the Autosport price rise: Link here

For those with a bit of stamina, a decent internet connection, and the right TV package, this is a bumper weekend for armchair motorsport, There's IMSA's Petit Le Mans live streamed on https://imsatv.imsa.com/ the Bathurst 1000 on BT Sport, the Japanese Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1 and the BTCC finale from Brands Hatch on ITV4

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
A little bit of the story behind the Autosport price rise: Link here

Ah, thanks for that... Explains a lot, especially the marked recent decline in the quality of the content. Hadn't even noticed that they weren't owned by Haymarket anymore.

Though to be fair, I've not been buying Autosport weekly / subscription since mid-2010 - I now just flick through it in the shop and might only buy four or five issues a year max.

Prior to 2010, I've had it every week all the way since 1988. :blush:

Sad to see it end like this - I wasn't just an avid reader, I was on their books as a snappy for six years.

For those with a bit of stamina, a decent internet connection, and the right TV package, this is a bumper weekend for armchair motorsport, There's IMSA's Petit Le Mans live streamed on https://imsatv.imsa.com/ the Bathurst 1000 on BT Sport, the Japanese Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1 and the BTCC finale from Brands Hatch on ITV4

BTCC all the way for me. :biggrin: Title is on a knife-edge. Who is it going to be?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
BTCC all the way for me. :biggrin: Title is on a knife-edge. Who is it going to be?
Colin Turkington for the repeat of last year's title - he just needs to be sensible and stay out of trouble. I may go down to Brands Hatch on Saturday for free practice & qualifying (plus qualifying & 6 races for the support categories) weather depending.

Then Petit Le Mans on the internet Saturday evening/Sunday morning, Bathurst and the Japanese GP recorded for whenever I get time and BTCC either recorded if the weather's good (I'll be out for a bike ride) or from the comfort & warmth of my armchair if it's raining again.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Looking at the forecast, you might be wanting snorkel and flippers...

Head says Turkington, heart says Cammish. :blush: A lot will depend on qualifying. Colin's got a bit of a points buffer over Andy and Dan, but it's not a big buffer and the last round at Silverstone showed how quickly things can change.

D

Deleted member 26715

If only he wasn't driving a BMW, wonder if they will be there next year if Boris gets his way

D

Deleted member 26715

If BTCC goes ahead this weekend, spare a thought for the marshals who will be standing trackside throughout the weekend in whatever Mother Nature throws at them.....
It's going to be sunny all weekend

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Been set the 10 day motorsport-pic-a-day challenge on the Book of Faces.

Blimey, that's harder than I thought, to define 37 years of motor racing into only 10 pics... :surrender:

Top Bottom