Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I don't really understand the flack Hamilton gets from some people (and I include my F1 mad pals in this).

I love watching him drive, particularly in the wet or recovering from some misfortune, when he can be really good. Out of the car though I’m not as big a fan as I find him insincere and false.

There’s something about the way he addresses the crowd during a trackside interview, when he’s achieved a podium spot, that makes me want to throw up.

He is a superb driver though.

Jody

Stubborn git
Out of the car though I’m not as big a fan as I find him insincere and false.

There’s something about the way he addresses the crowd during a trackside interview, when he’s achieved a podium spot, that makes me want to throw up.

That's what I mean about his awkwardness. Some people can act the part and others can't.

He's uncomfortable even given the amount of years he's been doing this.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
The F1 media is still reporting on the rumours that Newey is leaving Red Bull , but no actual news or proof yet.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Contract clause will prevent Adrian Newey from working with any other f1 team before 2027.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1892667/Red-Bull-Lewis-Hamilton-Adrian-Newey

Ha! I've just gone through this. Switched employer but my contract had restrictive covenants that would have kept me from working for 9 months. They took me to court and lost. Judges take a very dim view of excessively restrictive post-termination covenants and the law is actually being changed soon to limit their use.

icowden

Veteran
Don't like the link given, don't read it. Keep on banging your head on that wall.

Or instead of reading what a third rate journalist has created from ChatGPT by copying an article from another source, read the original story:-
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bulls-f1-rivals-facing-2027-wait-if-they-want-newey/10603299/

As Red Bull made clear in a statement on Thursday evening, Newey’s current contract, which was signed early last year, currently commits him to working at the team until the end of 2025. However, it is also understood that there are further contractual non-complete clauses that could prevent him joining one of Red Bull’s rivals for another 12 months beyond that – which would in theory make him unavailable to another squad until 2027.

So a conjectural story at motorsport.com becomes clickbait for the Express.

Jody

Stubborn git
Or instead of reading what a third rate journalist has created from ChatGPT by copying an article from another source, read the original story:-
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bulls-f1-rivals-facing-2027-wait-if-they-want-newey/10603299/

So a conjectural story at motorsport.com becomes clickbait for the Express.

What if the terms of contract are 12 months from the termination date and he choses to take the financial hit to leave a year early?

Ready to go for '26?

icowden

Veteran
What if the terms of contract are 12 months from the termination date and he choses to take the financial hit to leave a year early?
Ready to go for '26?
Exactly. The whole thing is speculation as no-one has had sight of the contract. It's just *likely* that there might be some clauses.

Top Bottom