Mountain biking in the Yorkshire Dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yashicamat

OK, so not a particularly fantastic array of photographs, just a quick 3 a friend took of me having a whale of a time last weekend near Harrogate.:rolleyes:

Blasting down a moorland grouse track:

mb1.jpg

Climbing up some disused mine workings (no, the camera hasn't been tilted - check out the electric pole in the background); that was hard work!

mb3.jpg

Darkness falling on the final moorland crossing - the last 3 miles were in the dark and an absolute hoot thanks to the Hope Vision 2 doing it's stuff. Took 20 minutes of massaging after the ride to get blood flowing back into the feet though.

mb2.jpg

A great area - will definitely go back again!

Attachments

• mb1.jpg
    mb1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 25
  • mb3.jpg
    mb3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 21
  • mb2.jpg
    mb2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 23

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Great pictures :?:

Number 2 looks insanely steep. I really like those climbs, just as long as they don't go on for more than a minute or two :tongue:

OP
OP
yashicamat

yashicamat

Cheers. :laugh: Can't take credit for the photos though, I just posed for them!

Number 2 was very very steep. There were three of us there and I was the only one who managed to get up that incline. Delicate balancing act as the front wheel kept on lifting off the ground. Not very long that one, maybe 50 yards long (all piles of old mining rubbish so lots of fun!) but was a good steep climb test, especially as there was no space for a run-up so it was a case of bottom gear and spin like mad at it!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I love riding in The Dales, the views are massive and the trails challenging. My parents used to have a cottage in Wensleydale.

Top Bottom