Mounting bottle cages on carbon forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ahhaa! This one looks like it could do the job nicely: http://store.velo-orange.com/index.php/accessories/racks-decaleurs/vo-pass-hunter-rack.html

Thanks very much for the info.

With one of these you don't even need a special bicycle pannier. You can just park a Tupperware there and secure it with bungees. I'm still looking for something similar for a caliper brake bike. Then I'll just ditch the Topeak bracket and plonk the box on top of the carrier instead. Much more secure.

OP
OP
Ootini

Ootini

With one of these you don't even need a special bicycle pannier. You can just park a Tupperware there and secure it with bungees. I'm still looking for something similar for a caliper brake bike. Then I'll just ditch the Topeak bracket and plonk the box on top of the carrier instead. Much more secure.

Seen this one? Even cheaper: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/alloy-front-carrier-cantilever-boss-mounting-black-alloy-prod14021/

KneesUp

Guru
Cheers! Am I correct in thinking that the cantilever fitting, would be OK with mini v-brakes?
I think the distance from mount to rim is the same as V brakes, isn't it? So it should be fine.

Are your carbon fork brake canti mounts designed for load in the vertical plane though? I'd do it with a steel fork - not sure with carbon though. I guess there will be a huge margin for error in the design though?

OP
OP
Ootini

Ootini

I think the distance from mount to rim is the same as V brakes, isn't it? So it should be fine.

Are your carbon fork brake canti mounts designed for load in the vertical plane though? I'd do it with a steel fork - not sure with carbon though. I guess there will be a huge margin for error in the design though?
I'm not 100% sure, but for £7 posted I'll find out. Based on the size of the rack it's not going to be a game changer, I won't be able to fit a huge amount on it. Probably just strap half of the tent to it. So a maximum standing load of 1.5kg I think. It's obvious from the site it's mass produced Chinese kit, but if I'm not asking much of it, hopefully it will solve a headache for me.

The load is exactly the same for both applications, brake and load. Nevertheless, lots of margin for error there.

Top Bottom