Mounting bottle on a frame with no eyelets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I don't have any eyelets on my bike to screw in bottle cages, and I consider thirst and important issue to address - especially as I might be taking this singlespeed bike touring in the near future.

At the moment my options seem limited to the behind the saddle mounts such as these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/minoura-sbh-300-dual-bottle-cage-bracket/ but do you have any cheap ideas to stick a bottle cage on the frame?

Riding with a camelback is another option I would rather try to avoid,

Thanks!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Wrap inner tube / tape round the frame and then use jubilee clips to hold the bottle cage?

albion

Guru
Wilkinsons do a cheap one which mounts both ways.

However it looks flimsy so I'd certainly add some inner tube to make it last more than a week.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Thanks for the suggestions, a few great ideas out there!

PpPete

Legendary Member
The VIP Elite ones (Halfords & other places per Numbnuts link) are OK.
Put a few wraps of insulating tape around the frame first though, as on metal they seem to rotate around however tight you do them.
Some cages need longer bolts than those supplied, but you don't want them too long. The wraps of tape help protect the frame if bolts are a fraction too long. If a fraction too short a tiny piece of blu-tak can help hold the nut "up" so the bolt thread can engage.

musa

Über Member
Zefal gizmo is what I had but stupidly mine are big. If you measure your frame and want a pair Lete know by PM I have them sitting in the box of bike bits

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I've looked into this before .... see Adding Water Bottles. Some really neat solutions. I especially like the ones that look like seatpost clamps, but last time I searched I couldn't find them in the UK.

Top Bottom