Mouse float-over is missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zippy

Hi - not keen on the new colours or the options on the drop-down to be honest but I am 50 and I resist change!

Main gripe is you used to be able to float the mouse over the thread titles and it would give the first few lines of the post so you had a quick idea of whether you wanted to red on - that seems to be missin.

Otherwise its ok i suppose. Preferred the old one but then I would.

montage

God Almighty
Hi - not keen on the new colours or the options on the drop-down to be honest but I am 50 and I resist change!

Main gripe is you used to be able to float the mouse over the thread titles and it would give the first few lines of the post so you had a quick idea of whether you wanted to red on - that seems to be missin.

Colours are fine - but I do miss this floaty over mousy thing

Same here - preview of threads was excellent and a big time saver.

rusky

CC Addict

Same here - preview of threads was excellent and a big time saver.

As you hover over a thread, a little box appears to the right, click this & a little pop-up appears with the preview.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I don't think so - we now have to move the mouse pointer across to something and click on it to see if it is worth moving the mouse pointer somewhere else and clicking on that - how does that save time! ;)
The pop up window seems faster than navigating to the post and you don't have to navigate away from the main index if you don't want. But I agree its not as efficient or as intuitive as the old hover mechanism which just happens.

Shaun

Founder
I'm waiting on a developer who is creating an add-on to do topic hover.

As soon as it is available I'll get it installed.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Ste T.

Guru
Sorry, I get no box opening on the right to click on, just one saying view topic started today etc.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The little box that appears is better than the old system I rec - you can view OP, latest unread and last.

Admin's a genius and no mistake
cool.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry, I get no box opening on the right to click on, just one saying view topic started today etc.

Double check. Hover over the title, then move the mouse right along the line. A set of icons should appear, the one furthest to the right has a green arrow on it - click on that...

There does seem to be a slight lag sometimes, so try hovering for a second or two and see if the icons appear.

Top Bottom