Movie (Spoilers!)Tony Cottee RIP, Rufus Brevett RIP, Matt Lorenzo RIP. Terrible football violence!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've just watched sports commentator Matthew Lorenzo shot dead by a Russian terrorist who then turned his gun on the two football pundits, Tony Cottee and Rufus Brevett in the studio at West Ham's ground, and shot both of them in the head!

They then detonated a bomb in one corner of the ground to explode at 90 minutes and had locked all the gates to prevent egress from any of the crowd within! Smart thinking from a Bengali steward saved the day when he yelled 'allahu akbar' and the crowd vacated their seats double-quick time in the seconds leading up to the explosion.

No, it wasn't a dream but a movie I just watched featuring Pierce Brosnan in a laughably stupid role but if you love/dislike/hate West Ham, this is a film for you. Final Score gets the usual 6/10 from me despite not deserving four of those points.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Never tried West Ham, I prefer it off the bone...

Chris S

Legendary Member
It's like something Alf Garnett would have come up with.

0578-3316333-Starring_Warren_Mitchell_as_bigoted_West_Ham_supporting_Cockney_-a-77_1447374123073.jpg

Cavalol

Guru
I've been to the Emptyhead a couple of times now. One of those stadiums that looks nicer on the telly than it does in real life. Besides the obvious (glorious Stamford Bridge) I have to say the Stadium of Light, new Wembley and dare I say Old Trafford are class grounds, for 'big' teams. Still won't beat Sealand Road, Edgar Street and the old Gay Meadow in that order though. Proper grounds them.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Last time I was at Vicarage Road - it looked like someone HAD let a bomb off. Half the ground was condemned.

I think it's had a face-lift since though - that was back in 2008 when Saracens played there

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I've been to the Emptyhead a couple of times now. One of those stadiums that looks nicer on the telly than it does in real life. Besides the obvious (glorious Stamford Bridge) I have to say the Stadium of Light, new Wembley and dare I say Old Trafford are class grounds, for 'big' teams. Still won't beat Sealand Road, Edgar Street and the old Gay Meadow in that order though. Proper grounds them.
Well you might say that, but you'd be wrong, wouldn't you?

To reckon that new Wembley and Old Trafford are 'class grounds' is to practice self deception so I'm taking you to task on that one. I'm leaving Stamford Bridge and Sunderland's ground out of it because they've done nowt wrong, but the other two!!!

The new Wembley is offensive in all regards and exists only as a conduit to extract money from the pockets of fools in the most inoffensive way possible...and they queue up to be fleeced and are fooled that they are enjoying it!

Old Trafford is too hideous for description and unless you invest in a powerful pair of binoculars, don't expect to get a good view from the majority of the stadium* and don't, whatever you do, be in possession of an unmistakable Liverpool accent whilst in the vicinity. You are able to possess this at Manchester City's ground with impunity.

* Same applies to Newcastle United's ground.

AndyRM

XOXO
* Same applies to Newcastle United's ground.

That's nonsense.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
That's nonsense.
Not nonsense at all. The gaps between rows are so wide, you have to summon a messenger from the staff and give him a missive to pass (6d tip) over to the gentleman in the seat immediately in front of you to enquire whether the wallet that's dropped out belongs to him or not. A consequence of this is that while the stadium may look impressive on TV, it is most certainly not to the spectators congregating inside. We once counted 118 steps to the concourse where our seating was and then a further 24 steps up to our row. I recall my son - perfect vision - asking whether that was Michael Owen who had just scored or was it perhaps Emile Heskey. It wasn't a goal-line melee either but we were so far away, it was difficult to tell who it actually was. It wasn't built for the fans, was it? Maybe older parts of the ground (I once saw Peter Withe score there in the old third division and it was fine then) are OK but the away fans and some of the home support discarded into distant parts of the ground are not so well served. When the Metro Centre is more easily viewed from the seats than the centre circle, it doesn't bode well, does it?

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Load of twaddle - i go to Old Trafford most games, and i will agree that its not a "Class" ground, its dated, a little tatty in parts and in need of a refurb to bring it up to date, but to say its "hideous" is ridiculous, and the views are perfectly fine from most places in the ground!
Local then, are you?

AndyRM

XOXO
Not nonsense at all. The gaps between rows are so wide, you have to summon a messenger from the staff and give him a missive to pass (6d tip) over to the gentleman in the seat immediately in front of you to enquire whether the wallet that's dropped out belongs to him or not. A consequence of this is that while the stadium may look impressive on TV, it is most certainly not to the spectators congregating inside. We once counted 118 steps to the concourse where our seating was and then a further 24 steps up to our row. I recall my son - perfect vision - asking whether that was Michael Owen who had just scored or was it perhaps Emile Heskey. It wasn't a goal-line melee either but we were so far away, it was difficult to tell who it actually was. It wasn't built for the fans, was it? Maybe older parts of the ground (I once saw Peter Withe score there in the old third division and it was fine then) are OK but the away fans and some of the home support discarded into distant parts of the ground are not so well served. When the Metro Centre is more easily viewed from the seats than the centre circle, it doesn't bode well, does it?

Entertaining enough, but still nonsense. Away fans are quite far away, that's true, but the view is still a good one. You can see all of the pitch for a start, which is more than can be said about Anfield.

I've not been a a big ground for a while anyway. Hillheads is a much more entertaining afternoon out for me and the family. I've been told that I need to keep a tighter reign on MiniRM as she's managed two pitch invasions in her last 3 visits. Big game on Saturday too, home to Whitby in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup so they could do without the distraction of a mad toddler.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I've just watched sports commentator Matthew Lorenzo shot dead by a Russian terrorist who then turned his gun on the two football pundits, Tony Cottee and Rufus Brevett in the studio at West Ham's ground, and shot both of them in the head!

They then detonated a bomb in one corner of the ground to explode at 90 minutes and had locked all the gates to prevent egress from any of the crowd within! Smart thinking from a Bengali steward saved the day when he yelled 'allahu akbar' and the crowd vacated their seats double-quick time in the seconds leading up to the explosion.

No, it wasn't a dream but a movie I just watched featuring Pierce Brosnan in a laughably stupid role but if you love/dislike/hate West Ham, this is a film for you. Final Score gets the usual 6/10 from me despite not deserving four of those points.

“If anyone can, Faisal Khan” :laugh:

Top Bottom