Moving away from BKool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cppatrik

Regular
Hi!
Sad and angry i'm very close to ditching BKool as i think many others are too. I could be a great product and it was a great product until they ruined it with the new impossible to use interface. These changes make me angry every time i want to workout thus putting focus away from training and towards hating the software designers at BKool. This was background and now to the question: Where should i go? I mean is there an alternative offering the same (or close to same) amount of video sessions?

I have only been using Bkool so forgive me for this kind a noob question.

/Patrik

CXRAndy

Guru
Only one I know of is Zwift, but that is totally interactive, no live videos. Good graphics with easy to read numbers. Only a handful of courses. It has reasonable training plans, but not as comprehensive as Trainer road. The likes of trainer road are structured workout plans only, so don't have other users with you racing. Stick with Bkool there are quite a few complaints. It will get sorted

ibooij

Über Member
We're currently beta testing our new virtual cycling platform http://www.bigringvr.com
You can create an account for free (using Google login, more logins types, like Facebook, are being worked on). We have about 100 rides in the Alps and in Colorado. Mostly climbs, but we also have some valley rides. And you can always set maximum grade to something like 1 or 2% to pretend the ride is flat.

I've ditched the Bkool Pro but my premium subscription is until January. Whether I carry on with it or look elsewhere depends on how my new trainer works with it.

jabrashear

Regular
Hi!
Sad and angry i'm very close to ditching BKool as i think many others are too. I could be a great product and it was a great product until they ruined it with the new impossible to use interface. These changes make me angry every time i want to workout thus putting focus away from training and towards hating the software designers at BKool. This was background and now to the question: Where should i go? I mean is there an alternative offering the same (or close to same) amount of video sessions?

I have only been using Bkool so forgive me for this kind a noob question.

/Patrik
I think Bkool has the best Video selection, and for that, it is worth the cheap $8 a month. I also like the fact that you can record your own videos. I have made over 40 videos that are now on Bkool that were filmed in the Appalachian Mts., in western North Carolina. Before I started making videos, there were NO videos in western NC. Check some of them out and see what you think. The videos are by jason.

uncle_adolph

Über Member
I originally got my BKool Pro for the videos and whilst there is a huge selection of them I have to say that probably 90% are absolute garbage. I was also intrigued by the ability to import your own rides to ride them again at home but when I tried they seemed to bear absolutely zero relevance to what I'd done on the road. And then when the new software came out it was basically the final straw.

My BKool sub also ran out last January and I haven't renewed it. I've tried BigRingVR and that, I have to say, is excellent but for me there is far more to cycling than just simply trying to conquer climbs. I've been using Zwift for a year now and that is absolutely ideal for me.

borchgrevink

I am also moving away from Bkool because of hopeless customer support, the total mess with "billions" of rides (cluttered jungle) and moving towards BigRingVR because of the superb quality of the videos. More than enough for me.

After using BigRing for a while, the video rides in Bkool are such a disappointment, quality wise.

Top Bottom