Moving the saddle forward?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AnotherEye

AnotherEye

I've just been out again with the seat higher, this combined with the seat forward really makes it feel better except for stopping and starting at junctions so I need to try a zero-layback seat post; maybe one with back-forward adjustment independent of the clamp to the saddle rails?
Can anyone recommend one please?

OP
OP
AnotherEye

AnotherEye

Here's what I've found:

SDG I-Beam Micro BMX Seat Post
http://www.wiggle.co...-bmx-seat-post/
plus a Post Moderne Seat Post Shim:
http://www.wiggle.co...seat-post-shim/

total; just under £30

Comments/other suggestions welcome.

thanks

OP
OP
AnotherEye

AnotherEye

I had a nose and 27mm posts seem to be in short supply, but plenty of 26.8 and I assume you could use a shim.
Thanks MacB and everyone who is helping me.
I'm advised by my friend Adam, who gave me the frame and the seatpost, that I must use a 26.6 post. 26.8 will not work. I'm looking for a 25 or 25.4 (or anything less than 26.6) and a shim.
The 25.4's seem to be BMX posts and too short. I'll visit Evans today to get the length of the Odyssey Intac Micro Adjust Post

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I cannot see what is so important about the nose of the saddle, regarding the positioning of the saddle as all saddles are different, some long and some short. I always take my measurements from the part of the saddle upon which your seat bones rest upon to set my bikes up initially which is usually the widest part of the saddle. Once I get the position of my saddle right, then I take a measurement from the center of my headset to the nose of the saddle as a reference as it is easier then to adjust your saddle if you remove it or alter it etc.

I have two road bikes, both with different saddles, both very comfortable, yet the measurements from headset to nose of saddle are completley different, but the widest part of the saddle to headset is identical on both. One bike has a Fizik arione fitted, which is the longest saddle legal for road racing, whereas the other bike has just a bog standard saddle. Two different saddles, two different measurements.

I just went through a similar phase, i changed the saddle on my commuter for the velo arione clone mistakenly thinking that i could use the same saddle setback form BB and tip of saddle ->stem bolt.
Did you have to have the arione further forward or back on the numbers on the rails ?, as it is longer i currently have the saddle 5 (mm?) further back.

OP
OP
AnotherEye

AnotherEye

Problem solved; I got a 2 part seat post (old fashioned type) from a local shop, my position feels much better.
Thanks to all.

Top Bottom