England : Lincolnshire Moving to Colsterworth, so which club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Although under my Avatar it says I live at Woolsthorpe By Colsterworth, I actually don't move there until (fingers crossed) one week today, but as I have only just joined this forum I thought I would put it up as it stands.

However, the reason for my post is that after almost 30 years without doing any proper cycling and 50 years since I competed, I have decided to come out of retirement, by myself a road bike and get some miles under the wheels.

I am thinking of either joining a club or finding a group of like minded cycling gents who enjoy riding out together at a good pace (without actually killing themselves). I don't want to join any kind of club that is all about the great social life with full family involvement, I just want to find a group who go out once or twice a week for a darned good ride.

Does anyone out there know of any such group quite close to Colsterworth?

Many thanks

BB

S-Express

Got to be Bourne Wheelers...

https://bournewheelers.wordpress.com/

13 rider

Guru
2 clubs I've seen while out and about in that area are Witham Wheelers and Melton Olympic . There is a bike shop at Wymondham Windmill which I think runs a few rides but would be worth a visit for a chat and nice cafe next door very popular with riders . Very nice area for cycling lovely quiet lanes . Us Leicester Ccers come out that way sometimes keep on eye on forums rides you may want to tag along

OP
OP
buzzy-beans

buzzy-beans

Über Member
Thanks for both of those, however having looked at their websites they don't exactly tick the kind of box I am looking for as they all appear to be family orientated, I should have said that I am looking for a club or group that is made up of adults as I generally speaking go out of my way to avoid children!

Now having undertaken a search, I hope I have found what I am looking for and right on my doorstep, namely the Gravity Cycling Club at Colsterworth, which is for people over the age of 16. It would appear that it is only a very small group of 15 members, so as the expression goes, "we shall see".

S-Express

and it does cater for kids and that is definitely not what I am looking for.

I think you've misunderstood. It caters for kids through the BC go-ride structure - which is an entirely separate activity. It doesn't mean you are going to get 8 year olds turning up on your club rides. That's not how it works.

Top Bottom