moving wallpaper/echobeach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Anyone watch Moving Wallpaper/EchoBeach last night? I thought it was an intersting concept, neither show was stand-alone great, but knowing the in jokes made the soap funny...

(for those not in the know, Moving Wallpaper is a sitcom about a TV soap production team, and EchoBeach is the soap - run one after the oterh, so you see the comdy production decisions reflected in the soap).

But blimey, is Jason Donovan really 40! That makes me feel old...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
echo beach, faraway in time, echobeach…

domtyler

Über Member
laurence said:
shame they didn't use the original Martha & The Muffins version of the theme tune.

interesting concept and it'll be good to watch it develop. that McCutcheon bint has a really irritating face though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
apparently there were two women called martha in the muffins.

metro music is a pretty decent album.

s45998.jpg

alecstilleyedye said:
apparently there were two women called martha in the muffins.

metro music is a pretty decent album.

s45998.jpg

Martha Ladley (sp?) had a solo single called "light years from love" that was produced by Peter Hook. it's amazing the useless trivia in my head, i didn't even have to look that up.

i can't remember the other Martha.

the single sleeve was a map of Chesil Beech, i believe.

I loved Moving Wallpaper. I thought it was very funny, like a Yes Minister for television people. The soap was OK, but I don't like soaps. It was interesting to see how the two dovetailed together though.

Can they keep it up?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Trembler49 said:
I loved Moving Wallpaper. I thought it was very funny, like a Yes Minister for television people. The soap was OK, but I don't like soaps. It was interesting to see how the two dovetailed together though.

Can they keep it up?

I liked the way when Jason Donovan and his lad were planning the decor of the cafe, the boy wanted a wet room, just like the Producer guy did...

Interesting to have a sitcom that relies for some of its laughs, on another programme...

Top Bottom