Mr Bumble Bee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Normally I am terrible at growing things and to be honest I hate gardening, however my hanging basket is always first class, watered and dead headed every couple of days. Yesterday morning it was nice and sunny and as I was dead heading I noticed a bumble bee buzzing between ours and the neighbours basket, I was careful not to water the bee, it was buzzing around for about 20 minutes, then the most amazing thing happened, it flew around to where I was and landed on the back of my hand, duly started cleaning itself up and had a minutes rest before turning to look at me, then turning and buzzing back to its duties on the baskets. I had a really good day yesterday as I was thinking about it all day.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
My neighbour's half-grown kitten has a fascination with bumble bees ... she cranes her neck to sniff them, and gently reaches out to them with an inquisitive paw ... one day she will realise why it is not a good idea to play with bees ...

tyred

Legendary Member
XmisterIS said:
My neighbour's half-grown kitten has a fascination with bumble bees ... she cranes her neck to sniff them, and gently reaches out to them with an inquisitive paw ... one day she will realise why it is not a good idea to play with bees ...

I had a dog who kept trying to snap at wasps. You used to hear the yelps everytime he got one in his mouth.

Top Bottom