Mrs mickle knocked off her bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You can take Paracetamol and Ibuprofen but the latter will cause stomach problems if you don't take it with food. I did for two weeks then began suffering searing indigestion when drinking acid fruit juice so stopped.

Taking paracetamol you just need to keep a pencil and paper handy to note times or you'll forget and overdose or underdose and let the level drop.

migrantwing

Veteran
What a w*nker!

A speedy recovery to Mrs Mickle

12boy

Guru
Hot baths with epsom salts can help a few days after the accident. Immediately after cold is best. By this time I would hope the secondary soreness should abate a little and she is on the mend, perhaps enough to enough a favorite book, a good meal or a professional massage. It is nice to be showered with kindness while recovering from an injury.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
We had an interview at the cop shop at 8:00am (!) this morning. Copper Dave was very very good. Is a cyclist himself which always helps I think. Seems very determined to push for a prosecution.

Mrs m is still very invalid. The rib still giving lots of gyp.
A like for the fact the police are taking it seriously. I hope Mrs Mickle's pains will start to ease soon.

D

Deleted member 1258

We had an interview at the cop shop at 8:00am (!) this morning. Copper Dave was very very good. Is a cyclist himself which always helps I think. Seems very determined to push for a prosecution.

Sounds hopefull, maybe we will see the driver in court.

gavgav

Legendary Member

Good to hear they are taking it seriously

Wobblers

Euthermic

Sorry to read about this, mickle. I hope that Mrs m recovers swiftly. Ribs can be painful sods: I found ibuprofen to help when I cracked one. Good to hear that Plod are taking an interest.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Here we are sat in York A&E waiting to be seen. A feckin eejit turned across the bike lane and took her out. She's walking/talking but very bruised and shaky. The inevitable outcome of inattentive drivers and piss poor infrastructure.

How is Mrs Mickle doing now?

pjd57

Veteran
Hope your Mrs is getting better.

Good to hear that the police are taking it seriously.
When I was knocked off the local police told me that the driver admitted it was entirely their fault and that they ( the police ) accepted it was " an error of judgement" and were taking no action.

Top Bottom