MTB, narrow saddle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pontprennau

Only suspension seatpost I've tried has been on a Carrera Subway. Horrible as it was so loose it ry hard to get seat height felt as though it was going to fall off. Very hard to get seat height right. A very crude spring arrangement so eating more pies or carrying a backpack makes you heavier so seat is lower.
I can see it affecting seat height and that affecting pedal power!! For me (301 lbs currently lost 19 since cycling over last 10 weeks or so) I now find some of the bumpy paths I ride much more bearable on my non suspension bike (apart from the seat post). I'm figuring it adds weight too (could care less about that as I'm riding to lose weight so the more the merrier atm) and my camelbak has varying amounts of water in it which likely is more of a problem to seat height :smile: (I could well be wrong so feel free to correct me if anyone knows/thinks differently)

On Topic:- My saddle is a Gel Sansoma 155 HERE Which I quite like but I'm sure I can do better with some advice!!

OP
OP
Candaules

Candaules

Why not buy the exact same saddle that is on the Boardman as you find it so comfortable ?

Not a bad idea, but it seems to be Boardman 'own brand'.
Anyway, there have been plenty of useful suggestions, and the general idea of putting a narrow saddle on an MTB looks like a good one.

Top Bottom