England : Greater Manchester MTB on the near-saddleworth Sun 15th March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Ha! From your description I guessed it was from the cross, down to the back of the pub (The Billy Goat?). I googled it and I am right. It is a simple path that does indeed cross a field (or what passes for a field in Mossley). I won't point out that Danbo has taken you down a footpath..... You criminal!!!

EDIT: I'll pop up there with my 2 boys and video them coming down on 2 wheels for you :laugh:
Spot on ste. Let's see you ride up the fecker.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Ha! From your description I guessed it was from the cross, down to the back of the pub (The Billy Goat?). I googled it and I am right. It is a simple path that does indeed cross a field (or what passes for a field in Mossley). I won't point out that Danbo has taken you down a footpath..... You criminal!!!

EDIT: I'll pop up there with my 2 boys and video them coming down on 2 wheels for you :laugh:
It wasn't the steepness that got me it was the mud as my front wheel decided it wanted to lie flat on the ground. I hate muddy downhill trails. Without fail I end up on the deck.
Wasn't the only footpath we ventured along. One was so narrow and muddy that it was touch and go if the bars on the bike would fit between the fence and dry stone wall.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

It wasn't the steepness that got me it was the mud as my front wheel decided it wanted to lie flat on the ground. I hate muddy downhill trails. Without fail I end up on the deck.
Wasn't the only footpath we ventured along. One was so narrow and muddy that it was touch and go if the bars on the bike would fit between the fence and dry stone wall.
Good fun though eh.

Hacienda71

Some bigarsed tyres'll go a long way to keeping you upright.
Was talking to the guy who sold me the bike earlier. Apparently those tyres were put on it for a muddy xc race and are carp for muddy downhills. As I found out when combined with my road bike position on a mtb. :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A bit off topic but I have just booked these...
upload_2015-1-14_22-52-17.png

29 mile MTB ride on the Saturday 7th Feb followed by a 70 mile road ride the next day. 80 hilly miles in the Peak district in Aug.

Should be great fun?

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

Ok whose playing out then?

Hacienda71

I can't do the 15th Dan. Swmbo is working and I have used my childcare vouchers with my ma and pa taking the boy to Llandegla last weekend and dumping the little one on them.

Top Bottom