MTB or Road Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
I have carbon soled "MTB" shoes for use with A600 pedals, I also have Bont "road" shoes and carbon ultegra SPD-SL

Cant tell the difference between the two when riding.

SS Retro

I
I use A 600 pedals on the nice bike that are single sided .
SHIMPEDA735000000000_1_large.jpg

Another vote for A600 spd road pedals use them on my Cinelli road bike, there reviewed as the same level as Ultegra if you shop round you can find them for just under £50 as opposed to there £74rrp

On my winter bike I use the slightly cheaper A520 road spd again shop round and you will find them for £25 as opposed to £50.
shimano_pd-a520_spd_touring_pedals_01.jpg

There's plenty of road specific spd shoes out there as well, that aren't as chunky as mtb shoes but still allow you to walk without tottering!
upload_2014-2-8_20-26-44.jpeg
upload_2014-2-8_20-28-27.jpeg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another vote for A600 spd road pedals use them on my Cinelli road bike, there reviewed as the same level as Ultegra if you shop round you can find them for just under £50 as opposed to there £74rrp

On my winter bike I use the slightly cheaper A520 road spd again shop round and you will find them for £25 as opposed to £5
shimano_pd-a520_spd_touring_pedals_01.jpg

There's plenty of road specific spd shoes out there as well, that aren't as chunky as mtb shoes but still allow you to walk without tottering!
View attachment 37744 View attachment 37745
After reading this thread I am considering them as well for the commuter but I am under a strict no more stuff regime.

Top Bottom