MTB to gravel bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

Easier to paste this link.

Indeed, and thank you. I might have read through that before asking my question, it may well have addressed it for me. :smile:

OP
OP
Y

yello

Easier to paste this link.

An impressive project, chapeau sir.

I don't have spare bits about the place that I can swap and try, so any project I might undertake would require spend. At this point, I don't think that's necessary, I only want to find out if gravel is something I could take to. If I do. then maybe I could remove the front mech and a couple of the redundant chain rings.... maybe source a broader range cassette.... but that'd be for down the track (ho ho)

Thanks for the info, it's of great use to me and directed my thinking. :smile:

flying start

Veteran
Reading through the posts. I'm pretty new to the biking after been off the bikes for around 9-10 years. I used to commute everyday which had a bit of road cycling, soft off road trails and cycle paths. I used to ride with a giant defy 1 but hated the off the road part that could get very wet and muddy. I bought a 29er orange clockwork and started using that with the 120mm fork locked out . First thing I did was change the tyres I got some cyclo-cross tyres as the 700c would fit the 29er wheels. This made for a fastish big wheels bike. It made it very fun to commute. So if I was you I'd start with just tyres and see how you get on.

Top Bottom