MTB trails in Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lesley_x

Über Member
I'm looking for a really easy MTB trail that would be suitable to take my cyclocross on today.

I was thinking the Pollok Park 'green' route might be good but I've never been. Also had looked into Calderglen and Cathkin Braes.

If anyone has any experience riding these and could tell me if they're easy enough for a CX bike to handle. I just want something like a wooded trail or something, nothing too stressful at all.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sorry don't know anything about mbiking.
Hope you had a good ride, Lesley!

zizou

Veteran
I'm looking for a really easy MTB trail that would be suitable to take my cyclocross on today.

I was thinking the Pollok Park 'green' route might be good but I've never been. Also had looked into Calderglen and Cathkin Braes.

If anyone has any experience riding these and could tell me if they're easy enough for a CX bike to handle. I just want something like a wooded trail or something, nothing too stressful at all.

The trails at pollok park are really short but they would be ok for cyclocross. Cathkin Braes trails are better and longer and still mostly ok mostly for a cyclocross.

It might be a bit far away but there are miles of fire road / access roads at Whitelee Windfarm on Eaglesham Moor...can be quite an experience riding under the windmills

Top Bottom