MTB trails near Saddleworth, Diggle, Delph, Oldham or Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Roch

Thanks so much to all for such great advice and help. Lots to google and investigate. Really invaluable. Thank you. So it appears very different to what I'm used to and we shall be riding bridleways and public trails. Quite a novelty!
Any additional etiquette that I need to be aware of ? I have taught the children the usual stuff like keep left, advise if you wish to pass but only on the right, greet an adult politely, don't just stop in the middle of the trail etc. I don' t want us to inadvertently be ' rude foreigners'. Had that happen when I presumed that as there was a half pint you ordered a full pint and the barman thought I was insulting his pints were short.:blush:

You likely know all this;

assume you've not been seen / heard by walkers and slow down (not sure if they actually have right of way over cyclists, but many act like it) slowing down and giving them time to make space for you to pass each other (and grab their dog if one is with them) helps things go smoothly.

saying a polite hello to people as you pass in opposite directions appears to be the done thing!

Horses are sometimes not keen on bikes, slowing down and waiting for the rider to wave you past etc

Top Bottom