Mud, gravel or mountain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Get a cheap hard tail mtn bike

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
the gravel with 38cm non knobblies less good on muddy stuff but great on faster routes, gravely tracks and da black stuff.

My 1988 Raleigh Gemini hybrid was fitted with 38mm tyres from new, and will run these under full mudguards. Does that mean I actually have a very early example of a "gravel bike", one made almost 32 years ago? :laugh:

My 1988 Raleigh Gemini hybrid was fitted with 38mm tyres from new, and will run these under full mudguards. Does that mean I actually have a very early example of a "gravel bike", one made almost 32 years ago? :laugh:
That is proper vintage...but have to agree, some of the oldies are the besties!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This is being offered in Audax Buy and sell on FB asking for £500, and the guy is based in Halifax.

Selling my lovely Giant Tough Road as I have 2 gravel bikes now and it's become a bit surplus plus I have a new road bike on the horizon so need the space.
I used this last year primarily to do John o Groats to Lands End tour. It performed superbly. No issues, mechanicals and no dreaded "p's" over 1000 miles. Tubeless performed brilliantly. It carried all my luggage over the journey too bike packing.
It is a lovely comfortable do anything bike and I really wish I could keep it. It's currently on the turbo trainer at the moment. It is in awesome nick and I am letting this go for a song.
It's a small size I'm 5'8 and fits me perfectly as a guide for sizing
Giant are still selling this for £1099 so it is a bargain.
Pics are included. I will accept PayPal and cash transactions only.

A lightweight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame, smooth-handling composite fork, and drop-bar positioning make ToughRoad SLR GX the right choice for adventuring into the unknown. When the pavement ends, your ride doesn’t have to. The fast-rolling 700c wheels are fitted with high-volume Giant tubeless tires. These allow you to run lower tire pressure for comfort and traction, and they also reduce the risk of flat tires. The D-Fuse seatpost absorbs road vibration and shocks to help minimize fatigue on long rides. And powerful disc brakes with 160mm rotors give you added confidence and control on rough roads and in all types of weather. Thoughtful details including integrated rack mounts and the X-Defender downtube complete the package, making ToughRoad SLR GX the perfect machine for tackling imperfect roads. Tubeless ready

Taken from Giants description/website.

Spec:
ColoursGloss Charcoal / Matt Grey / Matt Neon Orange
FrameALUXX SLR-Grade Aluminum
ForkAdvanced-Grade Composite,
Alloy OverDrive Steerer
HandlebarGiant Connect XR Ergo-Control
StemGiant Connect
SeatpostGiant D-Fuse Composite
SaddleGiant Contact (Neutral)
PedalsNot Included
ShiftersShimano Sora 18 speedFront DerailleurShimano Sora