Muddy Fox Courier Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm very jealous

Still jealous.

I think that frame would be perfect for modernising.I know it takes away the charm of the classic retro thing,but There is so much I could do with it.There are not many of these frames in such great condition.
I'm not sure what I would do about a stem though,as it looks quite narrow by todays standards.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
^_^^_^^_^e
Hi, nice to see other Pictures from the Courier Comp. I bought my one from my first wage in 1989. This year it was time for a complete refurbishment. Yesterday I have had the first ride after it :-). Some smaller adjustments and it is ready for the next 25 years.

View attachment 143528

Good to see, looks great, even down to the yellow grips. Love it.

montroseloon

I had a courier comp in cherry red, I think it was around 92-93 I had it. Unfortunately someone decided that they were more deserving of it than me. It was a cracking bike and gutted that the bikes they make now are no where near the same quality or as quirky

Ruudspark

Managed to get hold of a Muddy Fox Courier Comp from 1989. It brings back memories of my former life when we used to go MTB racing. It will be a nostalgic trip bringing it back to its former glory.

I bought this whilst living in Hong Kong in the early nineties, I still use it now but I so need a new seat!! It looks better in the picture than it

View attachment 130566
20170703_145009.jpg

Managed to get hold of a Muddy Fox Courier Comp from 1989. It brings back memories of my former life when we used to go MTB racing. It will be a nostalgic trip bringing it back to its former glory.

View attachment 130566

Last edited by a moderator:

keithmac

Guru

View attachment 130566

Nice to see Boipace SG chainrings, my old 90's Raleigh Mirage had them as well.

Really good idea and a shame it died out..

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I wonder how many couriers actually used one? I would have thought knobbly tyres would have slowed them down too much. Was this in the pre-fixie days?

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
I wonder how many couriers actually used one? I would have thought knobbly tyres would have slowed them down too much. Was this in the pre-fixie days?

Just caught up again with this. :blush: Fixie bike were only used as race bikes on cycle tracks then. The name of the game was to have as many gears as possible.
We managed to get bikes with 30 gears recently but now It is "cool" to only have gear changing confined to the rear wheel. We are told it helps weight and maintenance. :whistle: Oh the power of marketing!!!!!

Top Bottom