Mudguard Mountings for 2020 Cannondale Synapse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MFother

Hi
I have just brought a Cannondale 2020 Synapse and looking to install mudguards. When I pierce the protection film I note there is a bolt hole to the rear of the fork crown. I assume that this bolt hole is meant to be threaded as on close inspection mine is not. I cannot see any information in the bike manual and would welcome any advice on how a front mudguard is meant to be secured on the fork crown. I would assume that you use a M4 bolt or do you have to buy an insert for the bolt hole.

Thanks

si_c

Guru
Hi
I have just brought a Cannondale 2020 Synapse and looking to install mudguards. When I pierce the protection film I note there is a bolt hole to the rear of the fork crown. I assume that this bolt hole is meant to be threaded as on close inspection mine is not. I cannot see any information in the bike manual and would welcome any advice on how a front mudguard is meant to be secured on the fork crown. I would assume that you use a M4 bolt or do you have to buy an insert for the bolt hole.

Thanks
That will be for the front mudguard fitting and will be threaded but further into the crown, the mudguards will probably come with a long enough bolt that threads into that to secure the mudguard. Have you checked to see if cannondale do a set of mudguards designed to fit your bike?

Top Bottom