Mudguard options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frew

I almost purchased a set of SKS Chromoplastic mudguards for my Giant SCR today. I was looking through the Q&A on Wiggle and it appears that the mudguards will only fit a bike with eyelets. It doesn't seem that my bike has the eyelets required.

Would the mudguards mount to the dropouts and if not what are my best options for fitting full mudguards to my SCR?

Are the SKS Raceblade Pros adequate for protecting my bike and riders following me?

My bike is the 2012 model as pictured.
IMG_1816.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks too tight for the standard SKS as you can use p clips. Raceblade longs will fit. They provide full coverage. They fit tight clearances. I have them on a steel ribble with super tight race geometry

OP
OP
Frew

Frew

Thanks for your reply, I had a look at Raceblade longs earlier and wandered whether they would suffice. I will order a set. Thanks very much.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I like Raceblade longs on my TCR. I omitted the little bit which runs down the seatpost on the rear set as I read about that falling off & causing a sudden stop for someone, but otherwise they've been great.

IMG_20180928_084129342.jpg
IMG_20180928_084117346.jpg

MachersMan

I recently fitted Roadracer MK3s and they fit my Defy perfectly without any trimming. It took less than half an hour and they can be removed and refitted in seconds. They were only £25 inc P&P.

031.jpg

Top Bottom