Mudguard Recommendations for Boardman URB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chr15b

Über Member
I've decided to give a hub and carbon belt bike a try and have ordered a 2021 Boardman URB 8.8 for collection next week.

I plan to start doing 30 milers as soon as it arrives in all weather conditions and would be interested to hear what mudguards people think would be a good choice for this bike? It has 32c tyres and disc brakes.

SKS: 35mm Bluemels? 45mm Longboard?

Ajax Bay

Guru
https://www.boardmanbikes.com/bh_en/products/2376-urb-8.8-2021.html
It has mounts for standard mudguards. 35mm wide ones will not be enough.
A friend is going for a pair of these:
1611933894626.png

si_c

Guru
SKS 45mm longboard should be good.

Also take a look at the Bontrager NCS mudguards - they are pretty much the easiest mudguards I've ever fitted - but keep in mind you may want to put wider tyres on at some point so it might be worth going for the wider set rather than the 28-35mm ones.

OP
OP
chr15b

chr15b

Über Member
Also take a look at the Bontrager NCS mudguards - they are pretty much the easiest mudguards I've ever fitted - but keep in mind you may want to put wider tyres on at some point so it might be worth going for the wider set rather than the 28-35mm ones.
Those do look good, the adjustable stays look much less hassle than clipping the SKS ones.

Excuse the ridiculous question but do you think these will clear the brakes OK?

OP
OP
chr15b

chr15b

Über Member
Save yourself the aggro and ask Halfords to fit some mudguards before you collect the bike?

I did ask them and they said "Yeah just tell us what you want when you collect the bike and we'll put them on". I don't have the same confidence as them in that so I'll fire them on myself.

Disc brakes, so should be no problem.

Thanks, I've ordered a set. Reviews for them look solid and similar in price to the Longboard.

Top Bottom