Mudguards brand new Crud catcher & SKS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve T

Veteran
As above

I have 2 pairs of Crud catcher mark 2 in unopened boxes and a pair of SKS 35mm ones which havent been fitted .
Crud catcher £15 each delivered
SKS will be £15 plus postage as they are awkward to box up .

Collection from near Wellingborough welcome, and I'll knock off the postage.

CIMG2257.JPG CIMG2256.JPG

Any idea what postage for the SKS would be? If we'd be looking at circa £18 delivered I'd be interested.

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Ok - I'll check it out and look for a suitable box, but £18 sounds about right if postage is not too steep are you Ok with 2nd class?

Ok - I'll check it out and look for a suitable box, but £18 sounds about right if postage is not too steep are you Ok with 2nd class?
Just thought - I feel stupid for asking, but the 35mm quoted - that refers to the width of tyre they can accommodate rather than the width of the guard itself? I'm currently running 28mm but would like the option to run 35mm Marathons with the guards if the winter demands it. Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just thought - I feel stupid for asking, but the 35mm quoted - that refers to the width of tyre they can accommodate rather than the width of the guard itself? I'm currently running 28mm but would like the option to run 35mm Marathons with the guards if the winter demands it. Cheers.
If this one, 35mm mudguard will only take up to a 28mm tyre

https://www.evanscycles.com/sks-narrow-road-mudguards-700c-35mm-00119432

For wider tyres, you'll need a 42mm guard (obviously checking for clearance)

OP
OP
S

Steve T

Veteran
Quite honestly as I didn't fit them or actually remove the guards part from the packaging I don't know the answer, would you like me to have a close look at the guards and let you know?

Thanks @vickster

Have checked and I would need the 45mm version so I'll have to leave it. Sorry for the mess about @Steve T

Top Bottom