mudguards for a Planet X RT58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Anyone got a ' Yes these are good ' choice as id like to fit some ready for commuting on the RT.

23mm tyres..tho i can have 25mm

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have SKS Chromoplastic mudguards fitted to my Triban which runs 25mm tyres. though im sure i would be equally as fine with SKS raceblade mudguards too. Either would be fine.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine wears cruds but I wouldn't recommend them for any bike to be honest, they are flimsy, they rub and things fall off. They cost about £2 on a Halfords promotion, the only reason I'm using them

Get proper fixed mudguards fitted if you can, but do beware toe overlap especially if using a smallish frame

U

User33236

I run 25mm tyres on my RT-58 and doubt there would be enough clearance to fit full guards without them being a faff. I have the carbon frame and there's certainly no mounts for 'proper' guards on it.

As vickster says look out for toe overlap, I get a little bit on my 58 as it is but the nearest it'll get to guards is possibly an ass-saver from time to time :smile:.

Red17

Veteran
My RT 58 (alloy) has been used for winter / commuting duties and I use SKS raceblades on it with 25mm conti 4 seasons tyres.

Front guard was a bit of a faff to fit - tight clearance and needed a bit of adjustment to the wires, but once fitted they are fine, and quick to put on / take off.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
They claim you need the XL version for 25s but friends of mine use them with no issue. I like the extra clearence of the XLs though.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Little update, sod the RT58 for commuting...

new work bike..and very happy..i may sell the RT after riding this..

1472223351492.jpg

Top Bottom