mudguards for a Planet X RT58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'd say you have little chance of £350 used, but try fleabay and see. I'd think £250 more realistic, but you never know

Did you join BC for another 10% off the Boardman?

no..i was happy with the price and spec..
250? hmm im quite good at selling but it wont be going for under 300

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
From "which mudguards" to "sod that...new bike" in 5 days:ohmy:^_^

I owned 42 motorcycles over my biking career..i dont do half measures..:laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
no..i was happy with the price and spec..
250? hmm im quite good at selling but it wont be going for under 300
You need to see what they have sold for on eBay, there tend to be plenty on there. What's the spec, new with 11 speed 105 is £600, for a non big brand bike (many buyers will have no clue on PX and would rather a Defy or Allez say), 50% of current retail is optimistic

Here's one to watch, see what it fetches, barely used, full 105, medium so a common size, located in the Midlands, so accessible etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Planet-x-...000415?hash=item2a6ec4895f:g:IvAAAOSw9NdXtIXT

I'd still want to save £60 even if happy with the spec, but hey :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
@vickster
i wasn't made aware of the 10% at pay point ..i dont even know what the offer is?

I could have used the CTW as the new employer uses it but im very impulsive and when i want something i want it....
ill keep my RT as its a very nice bike and far too nice to give away..

i wanted the boardman as it wears 32mm tyres and will be better suited to the 'as the crow flies ride to work' some rough off road hardcore paths etc.. no fun on a road bike. And the more adaptability for carrying and weather protection..

1433672565495.jpg

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
British Cycling membership gets you 10% off everything bought in Halfords (including click and collect). Also 10% off at CRC when you spend £100

But more importantly you get third party indemnity cover and legal support, both of which are IMO useful for regular cyclists and cycle commuters

Member costs around £35 a year

Don't sell the PX if you dont need to. You can add mudguards and a pannier rack to one if required

Congrats on the new job too :smile:

Top Bottom