Mudguards for a Ridgeback Cyclone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning all

There was thread here a while ago in which someone posted a pic of their Ridgeback which had mudguards on it - can whoever that was let me know what type they are?

I bought some SKS chromoplastic ones the weekend but they won't fit (to the extent that I managed to break one so can't even take them back :biggrin:) so wondered what you were using

cheers

It may have been me. was it this pic?
727630432_bde140d42e_b.jpg

At the time of this photo I had an old broken guard on that hed to be held on with string, although I have replaced it recently!

I've fitted the sks p65 mudguards (I have 1.75 marathon pluses on so the p55 would be tight).

It is fiddly to fit them and I have had to cut notches into them where the brakes are so that my brakes can work properly! Of course cutting notches weakens them a little and I have had the front part of my front mudguard break off recently (the remains is still fitted at the moment and will be replaced when I get a chance).

I will take a couple of pics when I get chance to show how I have fitted them if that helps.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
727630432_bde140d42e_b.jpg

At the time of this photo I had an old broken guard on that hed to be held on with string, although I have replaced it recently!

I've fitted the sks p65 mudguards (I have 1.75 marathon pluses on so the p55 would be tight).

It is fiddly to fit them and I have had to cut notches into them where the brakes are so that my brakes can work properly! Of course cutting notches weakens them a little and I have had the front part of my front mudguard break off recently (the remains is still fitted at the moment and will be replaced when I get a chance).

I will take a couple of pics when I get chance to show how I have fitted them if that helps.

That would be very helpfull,i want to fit these but have 1.95 size tyres,i wouldnt want to get the wrong size guards,and am ignorant on sizing ect:smile:

col said:
He does have that knowing smile doesnt he?:biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin:

Actually he's a great wee chap and his moods aren't too bad (except when he wasn't well at the weekend!). He loves being on the back of the bike as you can see!

magnatom said:

Aha! Yes it was indeed that very pic - I remembered it because it all looked strangely familiar.

It was the p55s I was trying to fit and you're right - they are an absolute b*stard. I found the bottom of the front forks - especially on the side which has what I think are fixings for disc brakes - got in the way and wouldn't allow the struts to come out at correct angle to attach to the front guard.

Then the bracket to attach the back one to the bottom of the seat stay wouldnt reach if it was attached to the chainstay because the brakes were in the way. This presumably the problem you have dealt with - I just ended up managing to snap the guard

Top Bottom