Mudguards for road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't need one, I always think they're pointless except maybe for loaded touring

Not sure you'll get fixed mudguards on that if it's a carbon frame. Might need to look at the Cruds

Reactions: C R

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sorry I’m afraid it’s new bike time. That one is designed not to fit mudguards.

if you look under the fork and the seat stay bridge you will see you don't have much clearance. You might be able to squeeze some crudguards on.
As to the stand - there is always something to lean the bike on ?

That looks like a race bike for racing.
Many racers have a roadbike for training in mucky winter conditions, with eyelets for full length mudguards and sufficient clearance for wider road tyres.
You can bodge mudguards onto any bike with sufficient rubber bands or zip ties. Tge result may work OK but looks bodged, which is ironic since the reason people avoid bikes with proper mudguard eyelets is mostly cosmetic.

A stand will allow you to stand your bike upright far from any suitable locking site. In practice they are only useful when dealing with luggage issues, trailers, childen.

If it's your Lamborghini - do whatever you want to to get it to work for you. Roofboxes - bike racks- who cares.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
dependant on your tyre widths these go up to 42s
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sks-speedrocker-mudguard-set

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A simple cheap solution to try would be a "Ass-Saver" type thing that just clips on to the seat post or saddle.

This will do nothing for people riding behind you but might reduce the amount of spray up your back. Worth a try as they don't cost much. (I don't know how good they are - I've never used one as my bike has full guards all year round).

And do not put a kick stand on that bike. Kick stands have been known to damage rufty tufty steel touring frames. Goodness knows what one would do to a skinny thoroughbred like that.

cyberknight

Mk3 Crud Roadracers will fit disc bikes, but it means sticking velcro to your frame.
they do peel off easy enough, i run the mk 3s on my commuter the benefit is if you want to take the gaurds off its not a big faff. you do need to get them spot on when positioning dependant on clearances but fine when on .

cyberknight

Don't need one, I always think they're pointless except maybe for loaded touring

Not sure you'll get fixed mudguards on that if it's a carbon frame. Might need to look at the Cruds
sounds like someone who never rides when its wet :smile:
even if its not raining if the roads are wet it saves your feet and behind from getting wet from spray off the wheels.

vickster

Legendary Member
sounds like someone who never rides when its wet :smile:
even if its not raining if the roads are wet it saves your feet and behind from getting wet from spray off the wheels.
I meant kickstand, several of my bikes have mudguards, although, as a non commuter, I can mostly choose not to ride in rain (and SW London isn't as wet as some places!)

Top Bottom